Vigilantism - Man Murdered

To me gardening is very hard work and to be registered disabled I would not think it could be done.

Perhaps you should put "disabled gardeners" into your favourite search engine then to get a better perspective.

That is so true, and I'm sorry.but the article did describe him as a gardener and disabled and I have to wonder in what way he was disabled

"On the few occasions the quiet and self-effacing Bijan Ebrahimi ventured outside his drab council maisonette on the outskirts of Bristol, it was to tend to his flower baskets. He did not work – he had a back problem and was registered disabled – so his focus was on his cat and his garden."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/a-modern-british-murder-vigilante-neighbours-face-jail-after-convictions-over-murder-of-disabled-man-bijan-ebrahimi-wrongly-accused-of-paedophilia-8909228.html

Why are we even questioning his disability and hobby? It shouldn't matter. A man has been murdered here. Get your sense of perspective right, geez!

Absolutely right. Its an appalling story, the poor man must have been terrified.

I do wonder what is lacking from the mindset of people who use violence on the basis of a malicious rumour. Why is it that anyone who might be a little bit 'different' should become a target for mindless morons?

Absolutely right. Its an appalling story, the poor man must have been terrified.

I do wonder what is lacking from the mindset of people who use violence on the basis of a malicious rumour. Why is it that anyone who might be a little bit 'different' should become a target for mindless morons?

precisely because they are a little different, local village and all that.

But still lets not detract that it wasn't his race or being different that brought this about it was the people hwo wanted to hide their initial crime and those foolish enough to believe them and the subsequent lies.

Archived