Vigilantism - Man Murdered

Why are we even questioning his disability and hobby? It shouldn't matter. A man has been murdered here. Get your sense of perspective right, geez!

You won't talk sense into a certain poster, some members even glibly dismissed with their argumentative nature about pensioners dying in the winter.

The sad truth is that a perfectly harmless human being was savagely murdered for doing something as harmless as tending his hanging baskets.

Don,t know about hanging baskets ? The article I read was in the Metro and it said in there that he lived for his garden.

well look for yourself

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Capgrave+Crescent,+Brislington&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x48718f0f9bc3b7f5:0xabfb96c6295ef19f,Capgrave+Crescent&gl=uk&ei=JQNwUubGJuWp7AbRxIDQCw&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA

I don't see any horticultural wonders round there. More to the point what does it matter. He might have lived (and died it seems) for his garden. That should never in any way be used to somehow diminish what was done to him.

fwiw, I couldn't care less if he was registered disabled and went cliff diving on a weekend!

The point is a bunch of idiots contributed to his death with lies and a mob mentality, the police did nothing to help-possibly the opposite by taking him away-and a pair of nutters took it upon themselves to be judge jury and executioners.

the whole thing is just wrong from beginning to end.

well look for yourself

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Capgrave+Crescent,+Brislington&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x48718f0f9bc3b7f5:0xabfb96c6295ef19f,Capgrave+Crescent&gl=uk&ei=JQNwUubGJuWp7AbRxIDQCw&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA

I don't see any horticultural wonders round there. More to the point what does it matter. He might have lived (and died it seems) for his garden. That should never in any way be used to somehow diminish what was done to him.

fwiw, I couldn't care less if he was registered disabled and went cliff diving on a weekend!

The point is a bunch of idiots contributed to his death with lies and a mob mentality, the police did nothing to help-possibly the opposite by taking him away-and a pair of nutters took it upon themselves to be judge jury and executioners.

the whole thing is just wrong from beginning to end.

My own sentiments entirely, the trouble is with these topics regardless of the title certain people have a habit of nit picking.

Don,t know about hanging baskets ? The article I read was in the Metro and it said in there that he lived for his garden.

Disabled people can do their gardens by themselves without any problems or help from other people. There are many types and degree of disability a lot of which would not stop the person involved from being a gardener or in fact taking part in many activities, having a career etc.

http://web.jhu.edu/disabilities/faculty/types_of_disabilities/

http://gardeningfordisabledtrust.org.uk/

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/article_0060.shtml

There are many types of disability which would not stop someone from doing their garden, look at the third thread. You need to drop this now and let the thread get back on track.

Absolutely right. Its an appalling story, the poor man must have been terrified.

I do wonder what is lacking from the mindset of people who use violence on the basis of a malicious rumour. Why is it that anyone who might be a little bit 'different' should become a target for mindless morons?

A little something of this and a little something of that and you'd be surprised how individuals or groups can turn into uncontrollable morons. When you get to the baseline there's not a lot of difference between "tyreing" someone in Bristol and someone in some other far flung toilet. I'm not shocked by the actions of these morons as their no different to the actions that take place in war torn nations. I'd even go as far as suggesting our beloved SF is frequented by a like minded mindset.

Thankfully though JK, embassy and Vodka mixers keep them subdued. You think we'd be a little cut above the savagery that goes on around the world wouldn't you. Angola style executions on the streets of England.

But you are quite right, it must have been an unimaginably terrifying way to go.

You won't talk sense into a certain poster, some members even glibly dismissed with their argumentative nature about pensioners dying in the winter.

The sad truth is that a perfectly harmless human being was savagely murdered for doing something as harmless as tending his hanging baskets.

It does worry me that some people fail to see the gravity of such a horrific crime, but instead see the little things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?!

---------- Post added 29-10-2013 at 19:18 ----------

I 'live' for Sigourney Weaver but it dont mean Im getting intimate with her any time soon.

Quote of the day :hihi:

I 'live' for Sigourney Weaver but it dont mean Im getting intimate with her any time soon.
Bit past her sell by date?:hihi:

---------- Post added 29-10-2013 at 19:21 ----------

It does worry me that some people fail to see the gravity of such a horrific crime, but instead see the little things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.:

The Anoraks of the world

Archived