The going rate of replacing a wheel bearing?

as the title suggests, I fear the front passenger side bearing on my trusty berlingo needs replacing and the mot is due next week..

anyone know the cost of gettting a new one fitted?

thanks

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Autodata times the job of replacing a bearing at two hours.

So, guessing an average cost of £40 per hour plus the cost of the bearing.

If you PM me the last 8 digits of your chassis number, or tell me the exact year, model, engine size and variation of your vehicle I can get you the Citroen dealer price.

Autodata says 1 hour 10 minutes for a Focus rear.

It was an independent garage that I use quite a bit..he only charges £35 an hour..on the invoice (in front of me) he's charged an hour's labour and £29 for the bearings..I'd have done it myself but,unlike the bearings in my Landy, they have to be pressed in and out....and I don't have a press..

There's a few Landies in this thread! I took my Landie to B&S at Sheepbridge, seals and bearings on one side was only about £30 to fit iirc.

I did the front discs and pads as well....what an enjoyable job.. ;) broke my rarchet on the bloomin' things..had to buy a bigger (1/2" drive) set..are B&S worth a visit?

Archived