The most expensive pub in Sheffield?

Tap is expensive but still a bloody good pub with an impressive selection of ale, and you get to watch the trains go past :)

PS Is the York Tap owned by the same people? Because I had a Sheffield Tap glass in there the other day.

They own the Sheffield Tap, York Tap, Euston Tap and Pivini in York.

Tap is expensive but still a bloody good pub with an impressive selection of ale, and you get to watch the trains go past :)

PS Is the York Tap owned by the same people? Because I had a Sheffield Tap glass in there the other day.

Yes. York Tap & Euston Tap are also owned by the same people.

If we are talking about chingy pubs outside of Sheffield, I suppose the Craft Beer Co pubs in London & Brighton need to be mentioned as well. Wonderful places but they ain't cheap.

Yes, the York Tap, and Pivni, and the Euston Tap are all one and the same along with the Sheffield Tap.

Talking about expensive pubs, I would agree that its mainly the pubCo pubs and pubs/family eateries that are the most expensive for a regular pint. Expensive beers you can have anywhere these days. Most of the 10% + import pints on keg are comfortably £8-12 per pint.

Yes, the York Tap, and Pivni, and the Euston Tap are all one and the same along with the Sheffield Tap.

Talking about expensive pubs, I would agree that its mainly the pubCo pubs and pubs/family eateries that are the most expensive for a regular pint. Expensive beers you can have anywhere these days. Most of the 10% + import pints on keg are comfortably £8-12 per pint.

DA WAT!!!?

hang on hang on £8-12 a PINT?

*gulp*

and i worry about £3.50??? lol

Well I'm off to York tomorrow to try Banyan Bar.

The Veuve Clicquot is £55 a bottle.

It would be madness not to enjoy a bottle. (Admittedly, it's not lager or beer!)

URGH tha can stuff it then

heh

URGH tha can stuff it then

heh

It's only once (or twice) a year.

To be honest, I hardly ever pay any attention to how much a pint costs - not because I've got endless amount of money (chance'd be a fine old thang) - but because, well, I just assume a couple of pints will cost between what, seven and ten quid.

Having said that, I noted that the Peroni in Brown's is quite steep but then again, the Shiny Sheff on Lodge Moor is about a pound dearer on certain draughts than in pubs in Crookes (Strongbow, Fosters etc).

Peroni usually is between £4 and £4.50ish anyway.

Browns do a good Amstel which is cheaper than some other pubs I go in.

I have started to drink Frulli beer and that is around £5 a pint.... but its only money anyway.

That's the spirit.:thumbsup:

"Can't tek it wee yer!"

something else that springs to mind... here we're talking draught beer, but in many bars people drink bottles... typically these are 330ml bottles so only just bigger than a half, and are often £3+... so a lot of people have been paying £6 a pint for a long time!