Lib Dem MP suspended because he dared criticise Israel

As was shown by eminent Jews themselves, who I believe it would be difficult to label Anti Semite...... A term imo guaranteed to shut down any argument or discussion.

The term self-hating Jew has been used by Zionists against Jews who oppose Israel. I've met secular Israeli Jews now living in London who have been vilified in this way by Zionists. The term has been used in many other ways too and was coined well before the context I've just quoted.

The 1975 arms treaty between the two apartheid states, Israel and South Africa, was due to the fact that there were arms embargoes against both states at the time.

So The US stopped supplying Israel whilst the Soviets kept pouring arms into the Arab countries? In your dreams.

Pathetic from Clegg & Co (and 'the Lobby').

The Liberal Democrats have suspended one of their MPs, David Ward, for causing "considerable offence" by making controversial remarks about Israel.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/liberaldemocrats/10188329/Lib-Dems-suspend-David-Ward-as-MP-over-Israel-tweet.html

It could've been far worse, imagine if he'd insulted Islam, he'd have a fatwa on him!!!

there is no comparison, between liberal democratic Israel and apartheid South Africa at all. Everybody knows that, even Jimmy Carter who's rather silly and misinformed book's title was chosen by his publisher, not him. Even Jimmy Carter at his advanced age, knows that Israel is easily the most advanced democracy in the Middle East.

In the past it was cool to criticise South Africa. But if anyone dares to the same over Israel then they labelled as Anti Semetic. (Are the arabs not Semites?).

The Israelis have taken some of the Nazi propaganda tactics and perfected them for themselves to inflict untold misery on the Palestinians whilst playing the victims.

At least David Ward has the balls to speak the truth.

In the past it was cool to criticise South Africa. But if anyone dares to the same over Israel then they labelled as Anti Semetic. (Are the arabs not Semites?).

The Israelis have taken some of the Nazi propaganda tactics and perfected them for themselves to inflict untold misery on the Palestinians whilst playing the victims.

At least David Ward has the balls to speak the truth.

I concur......................

Archived