Fracking in Sheffield?

There's an opportunity for a community in the Tory heartland to accept the process and host the first full complex. They voted for it after all.

Seems like a fair solution.

Can they guarantee that the chemicals pumped underground will stay in that location for the rest of time and won't seep into ground water which doesn't stay in the same location for all time.

What other cocktail of chemicals do we intentionally pump into the ground?

Intentionally polluting millions of gallons of fresh water

Where is this polluted water?

I mean seriously. Where is it? Do you think it all just piddles out the well into the nearest convenient river? I've news for you - it doesnt.

Do you know what this "cocktail" as you so bluntly put it actually has in it? Or are you just falling for the usual tired lies and tripe that greenpeace are undoubtedly churning out?

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 22:59 ----------

I would expect them to prove that its save before doing any fracking.

Been going on for 50 years so far.

FIFTY years! Oh the humanity oh the...hang on? wheres the polluted water? Wheres the burning taps? wheres the....

yeah. Exactly.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 23:01 ----------

I would expect them to prove that its save before doing any fracking.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/fracking-poses-significant-risk-to-humans-and-should-be-temporarily-banned-across-eu-says-new-report-10334080.html

Fracking poses 'significant' risk to humans and should be temporarily banned across EU, says new report.

Some of these toxic chemicals have been linked to breast, prostate and testicular cancer in humans as well as coronary heart disease, the report says. It outlines how 38 fracking chemicals are “acutely toxic for humans” and a further 20 are mutagenic, or known or possible carcinogens.

The report gives specific examples of hazardous materials used in fracking, including chemicals “associated with leukaemia in humans” and “toxic to sperm production in males”. The trust warns it is “particularly concerned about the use of hormone-disrupting chemicals”.

I trust then that you don't ever fill a car with petrol? (aromatics toxic to sperm) Or drink coffee? (Class 2B carcinogen) Or alchohol? (Class 1 carcinogen and teratogen) or breath any form of oxygen? (free radicals are disruptive to hormones)

Mods: Given this is now a very real local issue I thought a new thread was warranted. Hope that's ok?

So. Anyone starting to feel a little more worried now?

Health issues? Property prices?

How do the residents of Handsworth and Tinsley fee,l being on the list?

All views welcome of course. :)

Water, ethylene glycol, silica sand, guar gum, citric acid, ammonium chloride, glutaric acid aldehyde, boric acid and polysacchirides.

Given that 50% of the water is discharged in flow back it has to be managed on the surface, kept in ponds or tanks. You do not want that contaminating groundwater.

That is where the test of the regulation comes in - surface storage, transfer off site, subsequent management etc...etc...

So don't pretend that all the water injected into the well stasys in the ground. It doesn't.