Fracking in Sheffield?

Protesting looks like a lot of hard work to me. Quite the opposite to bone idle. Also professional and bone idle don't really match. Bone idle is usually used to refer to people on benefits not professionals (not by me)

Also, the term "great unwashed" is usually used to describe the lower classes by the ruling classes not to describe protesters who would typically fit into the middle class left wing bracket (often accused of hugging trees). (not by me)

other than that your post was both informative and creative.

If you're going to use mindless cliches GET THEM RIGHT!

TimmyR. Can I take it from your post that you are one of them? You and everyone else understands exactly what I mean so stop trying to be clever, you sound like a sanctimonious twerp. I suppose standing/sitting in the road and stopping people going about their lawful business must be hard

but preferable to actually going to work. They still get their benefits even though they are obviously not actively looking for work, or are you going to say that they all work and are using their holiday entitlement?

Like most people I don't know whether fracking is good or bad, I don't know enough about it but surely we have to explore it? Wind farms and solar energy are not going to provide our future energy needs.

Edited by esme
quote tags

Protesting looks like a lot of hard work to me. Quite the opposite to bone idle. Also professional and bone idle don't really match. Bone idle is usually used to refer to people on benefits not professionals (not by me)

Also, the term "great unwashed" is usually used to describe the lower classes by the ruling classes not to describe protesters who would typically fit into the middle class left wing bracket (often accused of hugging trees). (not by me)

other than that your post was both informative and creative.

If you're going to use mindless cliches GET THEM RIGHT!

TimmyR. Can I take it from your post that you are one of them? You and everyone else understands exactly what I mean so stop trying to be clever, you sound like a sanctimonious twerp. I suppose standing/sitting in the road and stopping people going about their lawful business must be hard

but preferable to actually going work. They still get their benefits even though they are obviously not actively looking for work, or are you going to say that they all work and are using their holiday entitlement?

Like most people I don't know whether fracking is good or bad, I don't know enough about it but surely we have to explore it? Wind farms and solar energy are not going to provide our future energy needs.

Many in the anti-fracking movement are retired local people worried about their own and their families' health. They are far from bone idle and I expect that they are reasonably clean

Edited by esme
quote tags

Don't be fooled into thinking this is about the economy or "keeping the lights on", its not. Its a grab for cash by the already wealthy.

History shows that most jobs created go to outside contractors and not local people.

One simple question you could ask yourselves if why have France banned this, yet we're allowing French companies to explore for extraction here?

There is a lot of misinformation and hysteria regarding fracking. We've been doing it for decades offshore, and the technology is well known and proven. It doesn't involve explosives, by the way, but pressurised fluids. I wouldn't worry about fracking ..... the heavy traffic involved, possibly along unsuitable small roads, is another matter.

There is a lot of misinformation and hysteria regarding fracking. We've been doing it for decades offshore, and the technology is well known and proven. It doesn't involve explosives, by the way, but pressurised fluids. I wouldn't worry about fracking ..... the heavy traffic involved, possibly along unsuitable small roads, is another matter.

Yes but we know what the Nimbys are like , they dont like anything near them!

Yes but we know what the Nimbys are like , they don't like anything near them!

The first ever oil well in the UK was near Sheffield.

It's at Tibshelf near Chesterfield and dates from 1919. It's long since ceased production, but a little oil still seeps out.

It's in a garden centre called Oilwell Nursery and the owner is happy to show you around. She sells little pots of the oil and an excellent booklet all about the history of the well. She also says there must be something special in it because everything around it grows very well!

Show me where I said it did? I said it didn't piddle into the nearest river - as you pointed out - it doesn't. The water is kept, cleaned and then reinjected into the next well to be fracked as the fluid is fairly expensive and they like to recover as much as they can.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 10:59 ----------

Really?

Highly toxic?

Weasel words - define "highly".

You've done your internet research that's nice, that's cute.

Done any real proper research about it or just wasted time watching Youtube videos from the conspiracy brigade?

Yep I done loads more than you. :rolleyes:

Does this mean sheffield is going to be invaded by placard waving . leftie, old crusties demonstrating about us producing our own gas instead of paying through the nose to import it . ?

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 19:47 ----------

Frack away, lets have some cheap gas, at last.

Angel1

100% right.