Fracking in Sheffield?

We need energy...

We have more than enough energy for what we need, we are short of energy for what we want... largely because some people want to burn it like there is no tomorrow.

Perhaps the question should be: "How do we get the government to do the job they are supposed to be doing?"

Revolt.

Er, no- the thread alleged dire consequences, so the onus of proof is on that proposition's supporters.

For a learned man you show an amazing level of ignorance, if i understand correctly that you'll trust the companies, and extend that trust to them correcting anything that goes wrong.

Well if things go wrong there is no turning back the clock, no way of cleaning up the destruction, that is what people are trying to convey.

You really should go do some research, if not for your own sake then that of your future generations.

Time to remember that it is our children and grandchildren who are going to inherit the poisoned land?

We might accept the argument that there will be minimal pollution, but we cannot argue that they will not inherit a land severely depleted of fossil fuel reserves.

It is an act of pure faith that we will come up with some magical fix for our energy supply.

You don't think that we'll get cheaper gas. I do. All that is is a difference of opinion. Time will tell.

Did we get cheaper gas and oil in the 70s? answer = 2 letters, first is N second is O.

---------- Post added 25-07-2013 at 19:37 ----------

You think we'll get cheaper gas ?

My my, you really need to get your head out of the sand Jeffrey.

There are people on here who actually think Joe Public will get a fair as opposed to the 70s rip off.

They even stick up for the exploiters, how daft can that be?.

Did we get cheaper gas and oil in the 70s? answer = 2 letters, first is N second is O..

Why would you have expected them to? In case you forgot, there were some immense price shocks due to OPEC which of course dominated the wellhead price all across the world.

---------- Post added 25-07-2013 at 19:40 ----------

You think we'll get cheaper gas ?

My my, you really need to get your head out of the sand Jeffrey.

What happened to oil and gas prices in the 1990's when new supply came on stream....?