Fracking in Sheffield?

All I've done is ask you questions mate. I know they don't exist in any significant numbers. I want you to tell me why,

And you have been told repeatedly why in preceding posts - because the green lobby repeatedly whine and block the proposals. Is that clear enough for you? Because if telling you the same four times over isn't then there really is no point.

The industry ramped up with a good storage plan in place - reprocess, and bury the waste after short term cooling. Sadly some people whined about soemthing they had no understanding of.

---------- Post added 27-07-2013 at 12:58 ----------

Just ignore him pal, he often displays aggression when his brow is heated. The same goes for his family

Oh look my stalker is back... and if you've been following my family then I suggest you quit before you really get into hot water.

Edited by Obelix

And you have been told repeatedly why in preceding posts - because the green lobby repeatedly whine and block the proposals. Is that clear enough for you? Because if telling you the same four times over isn't then there really is no point.

The industry ramped up with a good storage plan in place - reprocess, and bury the waste after short term cooling. Sadly some people whined about soemthing they had no understanding of.

---------- Post added 27-07-2013 at 12:58 ----------

Oh look my stalker is back... and if you've been following my family then I suggest you quit before you really get into hot water.

So the green lobby is totally responsible for blocking the burial of long-term waste?

Good to see 12 protesters have been charged by the police after trouble makers pitched up at a fracking site in West Sussex. Lets hope the rest of those protesting there will be identified asnd arrested and charged .

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/national/12-charged-over-fracking-protests-1-5896455

No, let's hope it encourages another thousand or two to turn up for the next battle. :)

Interesting. Seems the locals don't want the fracking but they don't want protesters helping them either.

When one rig after another is going up and destroying property prices they will be begging for swampy to turn up.

But then it will be too late.

Interesting.

When one rig after another is going up and destroying property prices they will be begging for swampy to turn up.

But then it will be too late.

I've watched the gasland/2 docs and with a fair pinch of salt I'll add.Also done a fair whack of reading recently.

Two (apparently undeniable) things really struck me;

1 was the sheer number of well pads and interconnecting roads. It was a massive scar on some beautiful landscapes not only in its scope but its geographical reach.

Thousands upon thousands of fairly dense pads and all those miles of road won't blend into the English landscape very subtly.

They make wind turbines seem positively natural.

2, the bewildering amount of toxic chemicals used and the reluctance to be frank about their usage. The 'fresh water' which = chemical laden water but is 'fresh' here.

The disposal of the 'produced water' by spraying in the sunshine to evaporate as much as possible and the pits of toxic sludge.

It was also quite disturbing regarding the failure rate of wells/the well cement and the potential for pollution in general.

I am wondering if the uk government will be as retarded as the US and give them carte blanc regarding environmental laws?

Come now, you havent answered my question yet - where did I say that these holes in the ground exist?

Show me where I said you did say they exist.

Check the thread. All I have done is ask you where the holes are, these holes that are part of a 'trivially easy' long-term storage solution.

I can't provide a more reasonable and polite answer than that. There is simply nothing else to add.

Again, check the thread ;) All I have done is ask you questions.

---------- Post added 28-07-2013 at 00:59 ----------

I've watched the gasland/2 docs and with a fair pinch of salt I'll add.Also done a fair whack of reading recently.

Two (apparently undeniable) things really struck me;

1 was the sheer number of well pads and interconnecting roads. It was a massive scar on some beautiful landscapes not only in its scope but its geographical reach.

Thousands upon thousands of fairly dense pads and all those miles of road won't blend into the English landscape very subtly.

They make wind turbines seem positively natural.

2, the bewildering amount of toxic chemicals used and the reluctance to be frank about their usage. The 'fresh water' which = chemical laden water but is 'fresh' here.

The disposal of the 'produced water' by spraying in the sunshine to evaporate as much as possible and the pits of toxic sludge.

It was also quite disturbing regarding the failure rate of wells/the well cement and the potential for pollution in general.

I am wondering if the uk government will be as retarded as the US and give them carte blanc regarding environmental laws?

It's a bit sensationalist. There's plenty of other resources around.

The interesting thing in the UK is how the minor earthquakes in Blackpool have focused attention on what happens deep underground. The reality is that it's what happens on and near the surface that is important, and it is those things that are going to illustrate the issues. Even if by some miracle there are no spills, pollution or ruined groundwater then the sheer scale of this as an industrial process is going to really shock people.

Edited by I1L2T3