Fracking in Sheffield?

The UK- or, more accurately, England/Wales.

Remember that:

a. there are three different jurisdiction in the UK; just as

b. there are forty-nine in the USA.

Indeed.

And given that the contract in question was in one of those US jurisdictions, the law of England and Wales isn't very relevant.

Indeed.

And given that the contract in question was in one of those US jurisdictions, the law of England and Wales isn't very relevant.

Shale Fracking is coming whether some like it or not, when it comes we should make sure that we all benefit with a fair share unlike the rip-off we experienced with North Sea Oil & Gas.

Shale Fracking is coming whether some like it or not, when it comes we should make sure that we all benefit with a fair share unlike the rip-off we experienced with North Sea Oil & Gas.

I expect those who buy shares in the companies which do the fracking and supply the product will receive dividends.

What would be a fair return on a zero-cost investment? 10%? 20%?

How would you decide what a 'fair share' should be?

I expect those who buy shares in the companies which do the fracking and supply the product will receive dividends.

What would be a fair return on a zero-cost investment? 10%? 20%?

How would you decide what a 'fair share' should be?

More than we got from North Sea Oil & Gas when prices continued to rise instead of fall.

More than we got from North Sea Oil & Gas when prices continued to rise instead of fall.

Maybe the North Sea Oil and gas caused our fuel costs to rise at a lower rate than it would have if we had to rely on the international markets?

Maybe the North Sea Oil and gas caused our fuel costs to rise at a lower rate than it would have if we had to rely on the international markets?
Maybe, maybe, some people were really sucked in or will just say owt for an argument.

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 08:27 ----------

'We' being the shareholders?

Do you think you should get more than you got as a shareholder or more than those who had not risked their capital got?

So where did the money go from the sell off of the shares?

Don't recall gas & Oil being cheaper but I do recall our PM going to the world Bank to borrow money when North Sea was in full flow.

Yes it did us a lot of good I don't think.:loopy:

BTW You're not one of those who likes giving overseas aid to African despots as well are you?