Fracking in Sheffield?

I thought it was interesting to here some eco-bint on Radio 2 this lunchtime, saying how terrible fracking is.......even though when she was told the EU has ordered that the UK must close SIX power stations within 24 months, she couldnt give a constructive alternative to supply our future gas needs, other than being reliant on foreign suppliers.

What a total idiot. If these anti-frackers want to protest about our future energy needs, surely they should have a realistic alternative other than "Wind Farms"

I thought it was interesting to here some eco-bint on Radio 2 this lunchtime, saying how terrible fracking is.......even though when she was told the EU has ordered that the UK must close SIX power stations within 24 months, she couldnt give a constructive alternative to supply our future gas needs, other than being reliant on foreign suppliers.

What a total idiot. If these anti-frackers want to protest about our future energy needs, surely they should have a realistic alternative other than "Wind Farms"

Why do you think any gas found would be a benefit to the UK? Are you under the bizarre impression that there is some sort of nationalised gas industry?

Fewer people using less energy would solve some of our energy problems.

We could also use more Nuclear Power, Geothermal Energy, Tidal and Wave Power.

Why do you think any gas found would be a benefit to the UK? Are you under the bizarre impression that there is some sort of nationalised gas industry?

Im so sorry that you feel the need to question my bizarre impression, but surely gas mined in the UK would feed British jobs, and gas mined in another country would feed foreign jobs, errr.........hello? Would you like me to get you some crayons and a rusk?

Im so sorry that you feel the need to question my bizarre impression, but surely gas mined in the UK would feed British jobs, and gas mined in another country would feed foreign jobs, errr.........hello? Would you like me to get you some crayons and a rusk?

It could easily be exported. The pipeline infrastructure is in place as is a shipping fleet for transporting it round the world in condensed liquified form.

It could easily be exported. The pipeline infrastructure is in place as is a shipping fleet for transporting it round the world in condensed liquified form.

Is it easy to reverse the direction of production of the pipeline....? I assume you're talking about the one from South Wales?..Does it go any where near the areas selected for possible fracking? Genuine questions..

That would be acceptable, as our GDP needs to rise, and also the manpower needed to operate this would involve workers within the UK. Its a win win situation, and like any other business or trade, there is a risk. Let these scientific guys get to work on these projects, and lets see if they can make a real go of it. Why are there so many people wanting to stop progress for a solution to our energy needs? Can you imagine what would have happened if Brunel had people shouting at the top of his very first sewage hole, with banners saying "London Will Sink"?

Just listened to a girl protestor being interviewed on the radio. She said no one wanted fracking.

How does she know that. She didn't ask my opinion before she appointed herself spokesperson for the entire human race.

i think the fracking lobby will win...its money for the boys...they can frack in my back garden...:hihi::hihi: