Fracking in Sheffield?

Yeah I heard that as well, the trouble is the interviewer is generally also not fully clued up and cannot therefore call the greenies on their errors, even when they are absolute howlers like that. Mind you outright lying is a recognised tactic of the greenies for at least 20 odd years so their disingenuity comes as no surprise any more.

Its the same as the claims that 80% of the locals are against it. This is a lie (as found out by Truman and myself earlier in this thread, with locals most concerned about increased traffic than anything else) but seems to have been circulated so much its become a fact.

Terry Pratchett once said that a lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on.

Its the same as the claims that 80% of the locals are against it. This is a lie (as found out by Truman and myself earlier in this thread, with locals most concerned about increased traffic than anything else) but seems to have been circulated so much its become a fact.

That sounds depressingly feasible.

Terry Pratchett once said that a lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on.

I thought that was Churchill?

Ms. Lucas was on Radio 5 Live this morning and she stated that:

Fracked gas is more of a greenhouse gas than natural gas because of the methane and other constituents.

She is obviously not aware that “Fracked gas” is natural gas.

I didn't listen to it but could she have been referring to the Methane that escapes into the atmosphere during franking.

I didn't listen to it but could she have been referring to the Methane that escapes into the atmosphere during franking.

No greater significant amount of methane, or other hydrocarbons, escape into the atmosphere during "Fracking" than during conventional drilling operations.

Methane (natural gas) is the product, the whole point of drilling for it is to capture it in order to get it to market.

The vacuous, sensationalist, ill-informed/dishonest bint doesn't know what she's on about.