Fracking in Sheffield?

no I post things that show inconsistencies in arguments and I expect you to address them. That's not unreasonable, and I notice your continued evasion of the question so I can only conclude you don't have an answer.

I don't avoid anything, just choose not to answer ever increasingly irrelevant questions, ones mainly posted by you to try and take the topic away from where it's meant to be. Therefore i conclude you are clutching at straws. :hihi:

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 01:44 ----------

It doesn't work like that. Coal mining has laid waste to vast areas of the country with the blight of huge slag heaps and opencast areas which will never fully recover.

The area to the east of Sheffield looks like it was once quite nice, but it's been totally done over and ruined by coal mining.

I'm not completely convinced about fracking and my one area of concern is the visual impact it will have on the delicate and ever decreasing English landscape. It can be protected, but that costs money and the only way the money will be spent is if the government imposes very tight regulations on the companies involved.

It's admirable that you remain open minded despite having an interest in this field Nagel. :thumbsup:

Edited by megalithic

I'm saying that the anti's don't see that and hence are blind to it, but they see lots of people walking down coal mines and hence that makes it acceptable.

I'm anti fracking and I don't see it like that at all.

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 07:28 ----------

Where did i ever post my support for coal mining ? :huh:

You post random replies and expect me to answer ? :nono:

I get the feeling Oblex doesn't like the truth so ignores it and comes out with random nonsense to distract from it. :)

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 07:35 ----------

It doesn't work like that. Coal mining has laid waste to vast areas of the country with the blight of huge slag heaps and opencast areas which will never fully recover.

The area to the east of Sheffield looks like it was once quite nice, but it's been totally done over and ruined by coal mining.

I'm not completely convinced about fracking and my one area of concern is the visual impact it will have on the delicate and ever decreasing English landscape. It can be protected, but that costs money and the only way the money will be spent is if the government imposes very tight regulations on the companies involved.

I walk on the land from three very nice ex coal mines, Manvous, Edlington and Silverwood, they are no longer blighted by the mines that once stood there. Quarries, mines and open cast mines are landscaped and brought back into use once mining is over.

Edited by angos

I walk on the land from three very nice ex coal mines, Manvous, Edlington and Silverwood, they are no longer blighted by the mines that once stood there. Quarries, mines and open cast mines are landscaped and brought back into use once mining is over.

Landscaped maybe, but the trees never seem to grow properly. Take a look at the ones planted at Waverley. Or Birley East.

I rather think you need to show that it will be environmentally bad then which you've failed to do so so far.

You also need to explain why it's suddenly unacceptable, when we have a huge legacy of coal mining, which required entire villages to move due to gas escapes, but that was considered perfectly fine.

The fundamental point you're missing is that extensive deep coaling mining, as it was practiced in the UK, would not be accepted again.

I don't know why people have become fixated with it as a way of justifying fracking.

Fracking is not proven to be safe when undertaken with high concentrations of well sites in densely populated areas where water security is poor.

The fundamental point you're missing is that extensive deep coaling mining, as it was practiced in the UK, would not be accepted again.

I don't know why people have become fixated with it as a way of justifying fracking.

Fracking is not proven to be safe when undertaken with high concentrations of well sites in densely populated areas where water security is poor.

I'm not using deep mining as a means of justifying fracking though. I'm using a requirement for gas, and the evidence that it causes little problems if done correctly as justification.

All I see on here I'm afraid is a pile of people with little knowledge of the subject shouting Chicken Little and thinking the sky will fall it. Based on on rational argument but fear and ignorance which is never a good way to rationally and objectively assess anything.

I'm not using deep mining as a means of justifying fracking though. I'm using a requirement for gas, and the evidence that it causes little problems if done correctly as justification.

All I see on here I'm afraid is a pile of people with little knowledge of the subject shouting Chicken Little and thinking the sky will fall it. Based on on rational argument but fear and ignorance which is never a good way to rationally and objectively assess anything.

Then you are a very blinkered individual.

No, I'm saying that the ash from a coal fire is more radioactive than this mud that you are on about. That's why I asked for details of these "high" concentrations that you are wittering on about and have so far failed to provide. I'm also still waiting for any evidence that Fukushima and Chernobyl are going to kill millions, which you've failed to provide.

FYI - I've not been round Fukushima but I've spent a considerable time inside tha zone of alienation around Pripyat and at Duga 3 - when it comes to radiation physics I'm confident that I know what i'm doing.

Fukushima in the news today:

Fukushima leak is 'much worse than we were led to believe'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23779561

You would say that if you're one of the people who lack any factual support for the opinion they're trying to defend.

I have the facts and they support my opinion.

I was questioned on these fact, so I posted a link to them, the supporters of fracting conveniently overlooked them and didn't counter them with any facts at all.