Fracking in Sheffield?

I have the facts and they support my opinion.

I was questioned on these fact, so I posted a link to them, the supporters of fracting conveniently overlooked them and didn't counter them with any facts at all.

What post (or just post your references again) I must have missed it in all that's gone on above.

There seems to be some disagreement about how to interpret the facts then, or possibly how factual they are.

Can you repost them or tell me what post number it was so I can take a look?

What post (or just post your references again) I must have missed it in all that's gone on above.

This is one of the links I posted.

Uinta Basin gas leakage far worse than most believe

Gas production » New study says up to 12 percent of basin’s methane escapes.

These search term should help you find more about increased atmospheric Mathane cause by fracking.

Fracking cause methane to escapes to atmosphere.

Earthquakes cause methane to escapes to atmosphere.

Fracking causes earthquakes.

That's a newspaper article. What's the citation for the actual paper?

So now you think its all a conspiracy perpetuated by the press, so I will leave it at that.

First line.

According to a new study led by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

http://www.noaa.gov/

Edited by angos

So now you think its all a conspiracy perpetuated by the press, so I will leave it at that.

First line.

According to a new study led by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

http://www.noaa.gov/

No I merely asked for the actual citation, not some newspaper article about.

From that article however...

Between 6 percent and 12 percent of the Uinta Basin’s natural gas production could be escaping

Is is 6% or 12%? Could it be something else? Could there be another reason?

during experiments conducted in February 2012 to validate a new method

So it's a new method, not even considered to be fully validated yet... and it wasn't even looking for this as it's primary result... yet the newspaper seems to push this as the actual result...

"The point of the paper was to show that we have a robust method for verifying emissions," said co-author Colm Sweeney

So even the authors say that it wasn't to measure leakage rates...

serves 6,000 wells that account for 1 percent of the nation’s natural gas production.

Extrapolating from 1% of one country to the entire world is what's know as poor science, or in more usual terms, horsecrap.

But this is why you want a scientist to do, well science, instead of someone in a newspaper doing what would charitable be called muckraking.

Do you have a link to the paper please?

No I merely asked for the actual citation, not some newspaper article about.

From that article however...

Is is 6% or 12%? Could it be something else? Could there be another reason?

So it's a new method, not even considered to be fully validated yet... and it wasn't even looking for this as it's primary result... yet the newspaper seems to push this as the actual result...

So even the authors say that it wasn't to measure leakage rates...

Extrapolating from 1% of one country to the entire world is what's know as poor science, or in more usual terms, horsecrap.

But this is why you want a scientist to do, well science, instead of someone in a newspaper doing what would charitable be called muckraking.

Do you have a link to the paper please?

Its one link to one article about one site, I gave you the means to search for the rest, there are far too many to post all the links on here.

What gives you the impression that fracking doesn't cause methane to escape to the atmosphere, there must be a reason you depute the facts.

The fundamental point you're missing is that extensive deep coaling mining, as it was practiced in the UK, would not be accepted again.

Not even by those areas' large numbers of still-unemployed citizens?

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw
Clarification; it's not the citizens who are large!

Its one link to one article about one site, I gave you the means to search for the rest, there are far too many to post all the links on here.

I'm sure you could just post a few then if you have so many papers....

Come on, just a couple. Proper peer reviewed papers yes? None of this newspaper stuff that tells you nothing.

Surely it's not that tricky?

I'm sure you could just post a few then if you have so many papers....

Come on, just a couple. Proper peer reviewed papers yes? None of this newspaper stuff that tells you nothing.

Surely it's not that tricky?

Why don't you post some Proper peer reviewed papers to prove that fracking is 100% safe and in no way contributes to climate change by releasing methan into the atmosphere.

So far you haven't supplied a single shred of evidence to support your stance.

Here's another one for you to dismiss without supplying any supporting evidence for your stance.

Water wells close to gas-drilling sites in Pennsylvania had methane levels more than six times higher than more distant wells, evidence that the boost in production is causing leaks, Duke University researchers found.

This ones from a different continent.

New research by Southern Cross University in Queensland, Australia examined methane seepage from fracking operations conducted in Australian gas fields. The research indicated that there was a much higher level of methane in the air above the Tara gas field, suggesting that there were widespread natural gas leaks as a result of changes in the soil structure caused by fracking.

Edited by angos