Fracking in Sheffield?

Why don't you post some Proper peer reviewed papers to prove that fracking is 100% safe

Because you are the one trying to convince people to stop this, and as such the burden of proof rests on you.

I also said no newspaper sites - how a bout a link to a PEER REVIEWED paper, not some media site that wouldn't know an anticline from a gerbil.

I have the facts and they support my opinion.

I was questioned on these fact, so I posted a link to them, the supporters of fracting conveniently overlooked them and didn't counter them with any facts at all.

Just as a matter of interest how do you intend to heat/light your home in 10 years time?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2213391/Britain-faces-possible-blackouts-higher-electricity-prices-2015-Ofgem-report-warns.html

The report warned that there ‘will be a significant reduction in electricity supplies from coal and oil plants over the period, primarily driven by closures required by European environmental legislation’.

The most damaging piece of EU ‘green tape’, industry insiders say, is a 2001 measure designed to limit emissions for older power stations. The Large Combustion Plant Directive forces all coal or oil-fired power plants built before 1987 to install expensive emissions-reducing equipment or face closure by 2015.

It was spawned out of the Brussels obsession with weaning all European countries off coal power. But because of Britain’s rich mining heritage, it is a measure that hits the UK harder than any other EU member. Nine of the UK’s coal and oil-fired power stations are destined to shut by 2015. This represents about 15 per cent of the UK’s total generating capacity. This would leave Britain dependent on imported gas – which comes with a notoriously volatile price tag.

I would add that as imported gas is piped through several countries to reach the UK, we are also going to be dependent on those countries taking their requirements en route before any remaining gas ever gets to the UK.

Edited by Anna Glypta

Just as a matter of interest how do you intend to heat/light your home in 10 years time?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2213391/Britain-faces-possible-blackouts-higher-electricity-prices-2015-Ofgem-report-warns.html

The report warned that there ‘will be a significant reduction in electricity supplies from coal and oil plants over the period, primarily driven by closures required by European environmental legislation’.

The most damaging piece of EU ‘green tape’, industry insiders say, is a 2001 measure designed to limit emissions for older power stations. The Large Combustion Plant Directive forces all coal or oil-fired power plants built before 1987 to install expensive emissions-reducing equipment or face closure by 2015.

It was spawned out of the Brussels obsession with weaning all European countries off coal power. But because of Britain’s rich mining heritage, it is a measure that hits the UK harder than any other EU member. Nine of the UK’s coal and oil-fired power stations are destined to shut by 2015. This represents about 15 per cent of the UK’s total generating capacity. This would leave Britain dependent on imported gas – which comes with a notoriously volatile price tag.

That's another another issue but not what is being discussed, personalty I'd take measures which would cause the UK's population to fall, but that again is another issue.

Because you are the one trying to convince people to stop this, and as such the burden of proof rests on you.

I also said no newspaper sites - how a bout a link to a PEER REVIEWED paper, not some media site that wouldn't know an anticline from a gerbil.

And you are the one claiming its safe and that all its opponent are wrong, evidence please or is it just your unsubstantiated opinion.

No, as I said before, the onus is on you to provide evidence. I'm not wishing to prove anything, merely pointing out that your reasons for are flawed and unsound.

I did, as did other members, but in your unsubstantiated opinion we are all wrong, and all the evidence we post is wrong, despite all your claims that we are all wrong you have yet to post a single bit of evidence to support your opinion.

And you are the one claiming its safe and that all its opponent are wrong, evidence please or is it just your unsubstantiated opinion.

As is always the case, if you make an assertion, it's up to you to prove it's true. The assertion to stop fracking is that it isn't safe.

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 19:42 ----------

This is one of the links I posted.

Uinta Basin gas leakage far worse than most believe

Gas production » New study says up to 12 percent of basin’s methane escapes.

These search term should help you find more about increased atmospheric Mathane cause by fracking.

Fracking cause methane to escapes to atmosphere.

Earthquakes cause methane to escapes to atmosphere.

Fracking causes earthquakes.

Is that supposed to be a causal chain of reasoning?

Because it's analogous to;

Cow farts cause methane to escape to the atmosphere.

Earthquakes cause methane to escape to the atmosphere.

Cow farts cause earthquakes.

Or rearrange to prove that fracking causes cows to fart...

As is always the case, if you make an assertion, it's up to you to prove it's true. The assertion to stop fracking is that it isn't safe.

I proved the point I made.

Your turn.

You keep making the assertion that every bit of evidence posted is wrong, now prove they are wrong.