Fracking in Sheffield?

No you didn't. You provided a link that Obelix pointed out isn't related to the issue in question, and some very questionable logic.

Hence my earlier comment about facts.

NB - newspaper articles are not evidence.

No Oblex expressed an unsubstantiated opinion that it’s not related, and despite both you and Oblex continuing to post unsubstantiated opinions that everyone else is wrong you have yet to post a shred of evidence to support your assertion the we are wrong.

Of cause a news paper articles which quote scientific studies are evidence and its substantially more evidence than you have provided to support your claims.

So it comes down to opinion basically. You think that report is related, we don't.

Like I said, it's up to you to prove your assertions, not for us to disprove them. Unrelated reports about experimental techniques, followed by bad logic is not proof.

Newspaper articles are the opinions of journalists. We haven't made any claims though, we've asked you to prove your claims and you haven't done it.

So it comes down to opinion basically. You think that report is related, we don't.

Like I said, it's up to you to prove your assertions, not for us to disprove them. Unrelated reports about experimental techniques, followed by bad logic is not proof.

Newspaper articles are the opinions of journalists. We haven't made any claims though, we've asked you to prove your claims and you haven't done it.

You are the one making the assertions, now prove them.

You are just posting unsubstantiated opinions, and the articles quoted scientific studies, just because you are of the opinion that they are irrelevant doesn't make it so.

Edited by angos

Err, no, you're clearly confused about this debate. You're making an assertion that fracking isn't safe. I'm simply expecting you to prove that.

I haven't made such a claim, I simply pointed out that fracking causes methane seep into the atmosphere and I supported my claim with evidence. You claimed I am wrong so have therefore made an assertion that methane doesn’t seep into the atmosphere as a result of fracking.

No provide some evidence to support your opinion.

I did, as did other members, but in your unsubstantiated opinion we are all wrong, and all the evidence we post is wrong, despite all your claims that we are all wrong you have yet to post a single bit of evidence to support your opinion.

You havn't provided a single shred of evidence at all.

Listen carefully - a newspaper is not evidence. You need to provide a reference to a paper that details the experiments, details the measurements, the method, the conclusions, and must also be falsifiable and testable.

It then has to be published in a peer reviewd journal so others can analyse, comment and repeat the work.

That's how science works. Now you've said you have papers - either post them, or links to them, (without a paywall and no abstracts) and I will have a look...

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 20:41 ----------

I simply pointed out that fracking causes methane seep into the atmosphere and I supported my claim with

Nothing. That's what you have so far provided.

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 20:42 ----------

No Oblex expressed an unsubstantiated opinion that it’s not related, and despite both you and Oblex continuing to post unsubstantiated opinions that everyone else is wrong you have yet to post a shred of evidence to support your assertion the we are wrong.

Of cause a news paper articles which quote scientific studies are evidence and its substantially more evidence than you have provided to support your claims.

I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm asking you to prove you are right.

Subtle but important difference...

You havn't provided a single shred of evidence at all.

Thats just your opinion.

Listen carefully - a newspaper is not evidence. You need to provide a reference to a paper that details the experiments, details the measurements, the method, the conclusions, and must also be falsifiable and testable.
Again just your opinion, I don't need to provide anything, I know that fracking will cause methane to escape into the atmosphere, it’s no different to any other seismic activity that fractures rock and causes methane to escape into the atmosphere, and the evidence supports my stance.

It then has to be published in a peer reviewd journal so others can analyse, comment and repeat the work.

No it doesn't.

That's how science works. Now you've said you have papers - either post them, or links to them, (without a paywall and no abstracts) and I will have a look..

No I didn't, I said methane escapes into the atmosphere during and after fracking, you claimed I am wrong, presumably because you have evidence which proves that I am wrong, evidence you have yet to disclose.

Nothing. That's what you have so far provided.
But still substantially more than you have provided to support your stance.

I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm asking you to prove you are right.

Subtle but important difference...

You did but I will accept that as an apology and assume you don't actually know enough about the subject to determine whether I am right or wrong.

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 20:57 ----------

:o I stand corrected :D

You might want to ask Sheffield Uni about that, they have a different opinion to you on what I know.

You've produced bugger all evidence of anything. Come back when you do.

And you have accepted that you don't know whether I am right or wrong, maybe you should do a little reading before jumping in with both feet..