Fracking in Sheffield?

How big are these fracking sites and what will they pay me to have one in my back garden?

The size of a house apparently :rolleyes: Drop Grant Shapps an email and volunteer. Looking at aerial photos on Google the individual sites actually seem to be anything between 1-15 acres in size, depending on variables like how many well heads are on the site, how storage for extracted liquids is managed. Some have tanks for the liquid, others have large centralised containment ponds. All will need ample space for storing chemicals and water, space for trucks to offload and onload chemicals, waste products, gas storage, maybe gas pipelines and pumps, worker facilities etc... Hope you like smells and noise because you'll get plenty.

At the end of the day a fracking setup is a serious piece of industrial kit.

The size of a house apparently :rolleyes: Drop Grant Shapps an email and volunteer. Looking at aerial photos on Google the individual sites actually seem to be anything between 1-15 acres in size, .

In fairness, 15 acres is roughly the size of Grant Schapps' house.

The size of a house apparently :rolleyes: Drop Grant Shapps an email and volunteer. Looking at aerial photos on Google the individual sites actually seem to be anything between 1-15 acres in size, depending on variables like how many well heads are on the site, how storage for extracted liquids is managed. Some have tanks for the liquid, others have large centralised containment ponds. All will need ample space for storing chemicals and water, space for trucks to offload and onload chemicals, waste products, gas storage, maybe gas pipelines and pumps, worker facilities etc... Hope you like smells and noise because you'll get plenty.

At the end of the day a fracking setup is a serious piece of industrial kit.

Excellent, two or three should do it, and thanks for the advice on smell, I'll ensure they're on the downwind side of the estate.

Excellent, two or three should do it, and thanks for the advice on smell, I'll ensure they're on the downwind side of the estate.

There wont be any smell from the gas, unless the aroma is added onsite, as natural gas has no smell. the aroma is added afterwards to warn of leaks. It is true that water can burn, as flammable gasses are heavier than air, so they force down on the water surface, and the fumes can burn away happily.