Fracking in Sheffield?

Who pays for the subsidy? Have the feed-in tariffs been scrapped, or are other energy users and taxpayers still required to subsidise those who use solar panels?

Who pays the subsidy for fracking?

---------- Post added 22-07-2013 at 20:52 ----------

I absolutely believe it, there will always be corrupt people whether they are Politicians, businessmen, union bosses, press barons. My belief is that the majority of politicians and the others mentioned are honest. They may differ in their beliefs but their aim, generally, is the common good.

I do not see anything wrong in such people profiting from their endeavors. As long as they obey the law they should be free to receive sponsorship or support from Unions, or the private sector.

It was British politicians who ended slavery, who fought and won human rights for workers throughout the 19th and 20th century (politicians from both right and left). Who came together in the dark days of the second world war to confront and defeat the Nazis when it would have been so easy to succumb.

Agreed there are disgraceful episodes, the way Labour performed between 1997 and 2010 was, on reflection, criminally inept, the wanton spending of the countries money, the thousands slaughtered in Irag and Afghanistan and now the indefensible way they managed the NHS. I believe history ill see this as an unfortunate interlude in what, on balance has been a commendable period in British and world history.

Possibly the most naive post I've seen for ages.

Believe all you want but power corrupts.

Edited by esme
quote tags

Who pays the subsidy for fracking?

---------- Post added 22-07-2013 at 20:52 ----------

Possibly the most naive post I've seen for ages.

Believe all you want but power corrupts.

Ill take my naivety over your sour cynicism any day. Your monotonous repeated bleat about the system, the politicos, on and on, you should do what I have done, go and live in a genuinely corrupt country, where people are locked up and murdered without due process, where the press are forced to follow the non elected rulers dictates, where the elites are fed whilst the poor starve. Then you will see how lucky you and the rest of the doom and gloom merchants are.

Edited by esme
quote tags

Ill take my naivety over your sour cynicism any day. Your monotonous repeated bleat about the system, the politicos, on and on, you should do what I have done, go and live in a genuinely corrupt country, where people are locked up and murdered without due process, where the press are forced to follow the non elected rulers dictates, where the elites are fed whilst the poor starve. Then you will see how lucky you and the rest of the doom and gloom merchants are.

What a sad and offensive post, the freedom that this country enjoys was hard earned by trade unions and the likes of the Toll puddle martyrs.

You need to receive some education as to what living conditions were like in Sheffield in the early part of the 20th century.

Yours must be one of the most ridiculously offensive posts I've seen in my short time as a member.

Ill take my naivety over your sour cynicism any day. Your monotonous repeated bleat about the system, the politicos, on and on, you should do what I have done,go and live in a genuinely corrupt country, where people are locked up and murdered without due process, where the press are forced to follow the non elected rulers dictates, where the elites are fed whilst the poor starve. Then you will see how lucky you and the rest of the doom and gloom merchants are.

Why would you want to?

Edited by esme
quote tags

Why would you want to?

I went there to work for the good of the people, also to set up wildlife refuge and try to create jobs and a fledgling tourist industry. I spent 25 years there. I was eventually forcibly re patriated as an alternative to spending the rest of my life in prison or shot.

---------- Post added 22-07-2013 at 22:20 ----------

What a sad and offensive post, the freedom that this country enjoys was hard earned by trade unions and the likes of the Toll puddle martyrs.

You need to receive some education as to what living conditions were like in Sheffield in the early part of the 20th century.

Yours must be one of the most ridiculously offensive posts I've seen in my short time as a member.

In what way have I offended you, I agree that those you mention have made significant contributions to the common good, my objection was to those on this forum who contribute nothing, but carp, complain and make vile allegations about the integrity of others who, in the main, devote their lives to serving society.

I think you have missed my point, why not try reading contributors messages before making such inane remarks?

Edited by esme
quote tags

I don't care if you don't like what I have to say. I've seen enough now to make me distrust the corporatist interests that are ruining our country. Because there are worse countries doesn't make it OK for our country to be wrecked.

---------- Post added 22-07-2013 at 23:11 ----------

I went there to work for the good of the people, also to set up wildlife refuge and try to create jobs and a fledgling tourist industry. I spent 25 years there. I was eventually forcibly re patriated as an alternative to spending the rest of my life in prison or shot.

---------- Post added 22-07-2013 at 22:20 ----------

In what way have I offended you, I agree that those you mention have made significant contributions to the common good, my objection was to those on this forum who contribute nothing, but carp, complain and make vile allegations about the integrity of others who, in the main, devote their lives to serving society.

I think you have missed my point, why not try reading contributors messages before making such inane remarks?

You sound rattled. You should chill out.

Edited by esme
quote tags

I don't care if you don't like what I have to say. I've seen enough now to make me distrust the corporatist interests that are ruining our country. Because there are worse countries doesn't make it OK for our country to be wrecked.

One of the most pathetic remarks must be "there are countries worse than ours".

This is the UK where we got shafted over North Sea Gas & Oil, no doubt Fracking will go the same way with the fat cats lining there already fat pockets, basically the same as in those corrupt countries.

I am completely chilled thank you, It is you and Mr Gynt who seem to want to personalise this, I find this is a tactic used once an argument is lost.

Please feel free to inhabit your morbid negative world. Continue your rather pathetic conspiracy theories about how "they" are after you.

I am completely chilled thank you, It is you and Mr Gynt who seem to want to personalise this, I find this is a tactic used once an argument is lost.

Please feel free to inhabit your morbid negative world. Continue your rather pathetic conspiracy theories about how "they" are after you.

It's nothing to do with conspiracy theories. You simply need to realise that the state is not on the side of ordinary people and small businesses.

And I didn't personalise anything.

It's nothing to do with conspiracy theories. You simply need to realise that the state is not on the side of ordinary people and small businesses.

And I didn't personalise anything.

No you didn't, and I aimed my remark too generally, my apologies.

I understand your feelings regarding the state as it has been run in recent years in regards to small business and the ordinary citizen. I do not share your distrust and cynicism.

Despite having three MPS in prison, creating a holocaust in Iraq and Afghanistan and spending all our money, I still believe the last Labour government was inept and incompetent rather than criminally intentioned.

We have lived in a time of unheard of prosperity in the west, largely due to the efforts of small and medium sized businesses and, the people who are employed by them. I agree that taxation is too high, so are benefits.

What we need, it seems to me, is a re organization of government spending so that those we need and value, Doctors, Nurses, Teachers, emergency and armed services are properly rewarded and those that live of the periphery of these such as the disgracefully overpaid senior Managers of these services are reduced dramatically. Also those that work hard and "do the right thing" should not be penalized by taxation that goes to maintain the lifestyles of the idle and feckless.