Fracking in Sheffield?

All the gear is on raised platforms or specially designed ships, and very unlikely to become submerged for extended periods of time.

I can't believe I had to answer that.

once the well is sunk and producing the topside gear will go..there'll be very little equipment there..

once the well is sunk and producing the topside gear will go..there'll be very little equipment there..

And if a site floods when it is in the process of being fractured.....

A fracking complex will consist of multiple sites within a few square miles, interconnected with pipelines. At any point in time some of the sites are likely to have chemical and water storage tanks, blending plant, generators, compressors, and waste storage.

• 1 month later...

Good to see an MP getting on board to fight for his constituents.

"Following their track record in Australia I do not consider that Dart Energy is sufficiently good to merit the trust of the local community and their dealing over this particular application has re-enforced that doubt."

http://www.johnmannmp.com/corridors-of-power

No chance of stopping this now mega. The crisis in the Ukraine with its threat to gas supplies has seen to that.

Yeah, i've seen the rhetoric and how this has leant an hand to those stood to make a profit. The timing is very convenient unfortunate. :help:

And if a site floods when it is in the process of being fractured.....

A fracking complex will consist of multiple sites within a few square miles, interconnected with pipelines. At any point in time some of the sites are likely to have chemical and water storage tanks, blending plant, generators, compressors, and waste storage.

If they can manage doing it out in the north sea, they can probably cope with a few small floods, or they could even avoid flood plains.

Good to see an MP getting on board to fight for his constituents.

"Following their track record in Australia I do not consider that Dart Energy is sufficiently good to merit the trust of the local community and their dealing over this particular application has re-enforced that doubt."

http://www.johnmannmp.com/corridors-of-power

It would be good if he'd detailed their poor track record. If he wants to get people on side he needs to save us doing the legwork to find out why Dart are so bad.

I did a Google and found that they're doing quite well:

£24m GDF Suez investment driving activity

3-5 CBM well drilling campaign under way

Shale gas exploration wells planned to follow

Drilling rig being erected at site in Cheshire

Well pad under construction at Daneshill, Notts

2 more sites in Cheshire and Wrexham lined up

If they can manage doing it out in the north sea, they can probably cope with a few small floods, or they could even avoid flood plains.

I don't think they will get away with tracking in places like the Somerset levels now. Other flood plains and areas at risk of ground and surface flooding will probably be off limits too. It wouldn't be tolerated by the communities.

I guess the north will just have to take it up the butt.

No chance of stopping this now mega. The crisis in the Ukraine with its threat to gas supplies has seen to that.

PRECISELY.

The whole rotten bunch are hand in glove.

Bandar bin Sultan also known as Bandar Bush (look him up) the Mr Fixit for the Oil/Gas Cartels warned Putin, that if he didn't come on board against Syria then he would cause trouble, and what better way than to create an uprising to stop the transport of Gas from Russia across Ukraine to their port in Crimea.........

Can anyone see the similarity with Afghanistan?

As you say the crisis in Ukraine has created the perfect foil for the Cartels to rape the- little - countries like Britain unimpeded, and the sheep now welcome it.......

Is anyone interested enough to actually research what has happened in US and Australia?

http://earthjustice.org/features/campaigns/california-and-fracking

http://frack.mixplex.com/companies

Look at the size of California, then look at the size of Britain. If this goes ahead.. then we are all sunk, and our children's futures are in jeopardy.