No Go areas dont exist..

So it seems there is more to the story than just stopping a Christian preaching in a muslim area, maybe it was more like the police using the tested method of removing the reasonable people from the scene of the heated argument?

Maybe you ought to stop while youre behind eh :D

Maybe you ought to stop while youre behind eh :D

Actually from your link:

A West Midlands Police spokeswoman said the complaint had been investigated by the force.

She said: "The investigation concluded that the PCSO acted with the best of intentions when he intervened to diffuse a heated argument between two groups of men."

The spokeswoman added that following the investigation the PCSO had been offered "guidance around what constitutes a hate crime as well as his communication style".

Panic over, it was a mistake by the PCSO! Wipe that froth away.

So it seems there is more to the story than just stopping a Christian preaching in a muslim area, maybe it was more like the police using the tested method of removing the reasonable people from the scene of the heated argument?

It really doesn't seem like that at all, what with the muslim PCSO officer launching into a tirade against US foreign policy and George Bush upon learning that the preachers were American.

Also, no-one except the police claim he was breaking up a heated argument, and that was certainly not the reason used at the time, it was a post-facto rationalisation done by the polices PR department.

---------- Post added 20-07-2013 at 15:14 ----------

Panic over, it was a mistake by the PCSO! Wipe that froth away.

No, I'm sorry but that's really not good enough.

Surely what was required in this situation was a strong condemnation of the officers actions and assurances that people's right to freedom of speech would be upheld? and not this pathetic piece of PR weaselry?

This officer should not have been given 'guidance', he should have been told what's what in no uncertain terms and the police should have apologised to the two men whose human rights were breached.

seems to me, rather than actually being a no go area like glammy claims, it seems more of a police officer with a religious bias getting above his station

Quite, that's exactly what it was, and the official police response to it was not good enough.

seems to me, rather than actually being a no go area like glammy claims, it seems more of a police officer with a religious bias getting above his station

I made no claims,I asked a question ,look again Mel

It really doesn't seem like that at all, what with the muslim PCSO officer launching into a tirade against US foreign policy and George Bush upon learning that the preachers were American.

Also, no-one except the police claim he was breaking up a heated argument, and that was certainly not the reason used at the time, it was a post-facto rationalisation done by the polices PR department.

---------- Post added 20-07-2013 at 15:14 ----------

No, I'm sorry but that's really not good enough.

Surely what was required in this situation was a strong condemnation of the officers actions and assurances that people's right to freedom of speech would be upheld? and not this pathetic piece of PR weaselry?

This officer should not have been given 'guidance', he should have been told what's what in no uncertain terms and the police should have apologised to the two men whose human rights were breached.

So it certainly does look like the bad actions of the individual PSCO, rather then official policy. And the only thing that needed sorting out is whether the disciplinary process should have been made public, and whether a public apology should have been made.

It's hardly the end of the world stuff though worthy of national outrage.

you mean we actually agree on something islam related? :o

Oh so you agree that the police's response what should have happened was what was a strong condemnation of the officer's actions and assurances that people's right to freedom of speech would be upheld, as well as an apology to the two men whose human rights were breached?

Archived