This is why our justice is pants

Should the guards be punished  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the guards be punished

• Yes they should it was wrong
    • No they shouldn't just resrtaining him

Just see linky made me so mad, this bloke did what he did to Lee Rigby but he gets all the headlines in the papers, so what if he got a bit scuffed up by the guards. It is such a pity 5 of them have been suspended, they should have just used the age old police excuse "he fell down the stairs".

That's what's wrong with this country when scum like this are being portrayed as the victim, perhaps they should have not stopped at a few teeth.

I'll just wait now for the moral indignation squad, oh and the mods to start beating their chests, you know bans will be issued.

If he's been attacked he is a victim.

I rest my case, sorry friend he's vermin and deserves all that comes to him, I'm sorry but it just enforces what I say they get all the sympathy, spare a thought for the victim & his family.

But where does it stop Bpb if we condone prisoners (awaiting trial) being assaulted by police and prison officers? I wont shed any tears for the individual in your link but it's too arbitrary..what if one prison officer takes a particular dislike to a prisoner irrespective of the crime they've committed? Or prisoners on remand are brutalised who are subsequently found innocent?

Lee Rigby's killers will have their day in court, will be found guilty and condemned to lifetime imprisonment most likely without any prospect of parole, it won't bring Lee back but it's good enough for me as supporting the beating up of prisoners by the state, without any recourse is to me no better than living in a society where innocent members of the public can be lynched or executed in broad daylight.

Just see linky made me so mad, this bloke did what he did to Lee Rigby but he gets all the headlines in the papers, so what if he got a bit scuffed up by the guards. It is such a pity 5 of them have been suspended, they should have just used the age old police excuse "he fell down the stairs".

That's what's wrong with this country when scum like this are being portrayed as the victim, perhaps they should have not stopped at a few teeth.

I'll just wait now for the moral indignation squad, oh and the mods to start beating their chests, you know bans will be issued.

youre obsessed by bans :suspect::huh:

anyway

yeah i think the media have overhyped this far too much, its all the place, my take is this

if you was a criminal and locked up, probably for life, would you make life as difficult for the prison service as you can? thats why hes crying like a big girl.

as for the suspensions, its just rigmorale, ANY injury inflicted on a prisoner has to be invetigated, ALL prisoners, no matter what they are inside for, we cant pick and choose who we want to protect, moan all you like about human rights etc, but ive said a million times its what makes us more civilised and rise up above animals like him, its what makes us "great"

as for the official story, they are satisfied that the officers used the correct techniques restraining him and everything will be tickety boo

they were also angry that the prison service hadnt originally fell like a ton of bricks on the media who at first said hed been beaten up

I rest my case, sorry friend he's vermin and deserves all that comes to him, I'm sorry but it just enforces what I say they get all the sympathy, spare a thought for the victim & his family.

I'm not offering sympathy and it's likely no one else has offered any but the law still applies doesn't it whether or not you think it should.

That's one version, his quite obviously will be different.

as i said above, its a criminal playing the game nothing more nothing less, what we do know hes a violent psychopath and thats prolly why he was injured while being restrained

---------- Post added 20-07-2013 at 13:57 ----------

from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23374239

The Prison Officers Association denied any wrongdoing by officers saying a prisoner was restrained using approved techniques.

The POA has criticised the Ministry of Justice for failing to take action to stop what it called "sensationalist reporting" of the incident.

Speaking on BBC Radio 4's Today programme, POA chairman Peter McParlin said: "The reports that were initially put out to the press were saying that the prisoner had been attacked.

"Prison staff do not attack prisoners. We feel that the Ministry of Justice missed an opportunity to correct false reporting of events at Belmarsh."

Archived