This is why our justice is pants

Should the guards be punished  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the guards be punished

• Yes they should it was wrong
    • No they shouldn't just resrtaining him

He wasnt attacked, he was being restrained. Theres no mention though (anywhere Ive seen anyway) of what he was doing to need restraining.

Sorry Nikki, I missed this one and answered Mel's instead. I chose the wrong word!

this bloke did what he did to Lee Rigby

Guilty until proven innocent eh?

And you talk about "justice". :D

Or have you a link to the future that tells you the result of this man's trial? If so, do you also have tonight's lottery numbers?

He wasnt attacked, he was being restrained. Theres no mention though (anywhere Ive seen anyway) of what he was doing to need restraining.

dunno but being a psycho springs to mind

"The fact that that prisoner has a certain amount of notoriety makes no difference to them, because they're professionals, and they deal with every prisoner in the same way, using control and restraint, which are officially accepted methods to be used within prison, when dealing with prisoners on occasion that need to be restrained."

According to Ministry of Justice guidelines for the prison service, "control and restraint techniques" must only be used as a "last resort after all other means of de-escalating (e.g. persuasion or negotiation) the incident, not involving the use of force, have been repeatedly tried and failed".

"Staff must continue to attempt to de-escalate the situation throughout the incident with the aim of releasing holds and locks," the guidelines continue. "The application of C&R holds may cause pain to a prisoner and if the prisoner is compliant, the holds must be relaxed."

Just see linky made me so mad, this bloke did what he did to Lee Rigby but he gets all the headlines in the papers, so what if he got a bit scuffed up by the guards. It is such a pity 5 of them have been suspended, they should have just used the age old police excuse "he fell down the stairs".

That's what's wrong with this country when scum like this are being portrayed as the victim, perhaps they should have not stopped at a few teeth.

I'll just wait now for the moral indignation squad, oh and the mods to start beating their chests, you know bans will be issued.

Where does your moral indignation start and stop?

A murderer can be beaten for no "apparent" reason and its acceptable to you,would it be okay for me to get out of my car and beat someone up for breaking any other law i choose to uphold.

I fully agree he's scum BUT that doesn't mean he deserves arbitrary beatings or torture.He should suffer the full weight of the law for his crime not the full weight of someones misplaced anger - although i would in this case think he probably warranted restraint and the wardens will be summarily exonerated.

And you talk about "justice". :D

Or have you a link to the future that tells you the result of this man's trial? If so, do you also have tonight's lottery numbers?

Youre having a laugh ,his video with him covered in blood and admitting the murder is plastered all over the net and you think he may have a chance of getting off..Manson, Sutcliffe and Brady have more chance of getting parole than he has of walking ,I dont know why they are going to waste money on a trial that will simply become a media circus for him to spout his hatred and fuel the libido of thousands of young pubescent Muslims round the country,Justice ,by all means but they ought to be laws put in place to prevent this.

His arrogance may lead him to plead guilty ,if he does it will be for that arrogance and not his compassion for rigby's family who will have to sit and listen to the events of that day,I think though he may want his day in court and attempt to come across as a martyr to the cause and fuel the libidos etc

And you talk about "justice".

Are you serious? He was seen killing the man, and explained on camera why he did it. Are you suggesting he has a defence?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I'm not offering sympathy and it's likely no one else has offered any but the law still applies doesn't it whether or not you think it should.

No I get where you're coming from, but I feel that with things like this the victim gets forgotten and all the sympathy goes to the vermin.

Vague Boy

Come on Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles could see what he'd done, I mean stood there covered in blood shouting at top of his voice why he killed him, must need some pretty convincing evidence to sway you by looks of it.

And yes BF I do understand what you're saying, but it's high time we stopped playing Mr Nice Guy with these people and giving them more attention and rights, than the victim or family.

I've just added a poll straight yes or no, just to gauge reaction as to what people think.

No I get where you're coming from, but I feel that with things like this the victim gets forgotten and all the sympathy goes to the vermin.

Vague Boy

Come on Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles could see what he'd done, I mean stood there covered in blood shouting at top of his voice why he killed him, must need some pretty convincing evidence to sway you by looks of it.

you missed out the bit about holding a blood covered large knife too

maybe his defence will be...but i slipped :hihi:

Archived