This is why our justice is pants

Should the guards be punished  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the guards be punished

• Yes they should it was wrong
    • No they shouldn't just resrtaining him

I'd like to see him hung, and yes rapists should be done daily then they would perhaps see what it's like to be stripped of dignity, and feel brutalised and humiliated, like they do/did to their victims.

I know how our legal system works, this is an open & shut case he should go straight to the gallows for what he did. I am just so amazed that there are so many people almost defending him, don't give me all the moral indignation and his rights, he gave those up when he did what he did.

No-ones defending him- they're defending a justice system. They're saying that alleged murderers should be tried and, if found guilty, punished by the law- not via random beatings by any police/prison guards who feel like giving someone a kicking.

Your poll has some serious issues-

Should the guards be punished

Yes they should it was wrong

No they shouldn't just resrtaining him

as it's not been established whether the guards did anything wrong- they've been suspended pending the results of the enquiry, which will decide if they used innapropriate force.

If they did use innapropriate force, then yes, they should obviously be punished, and no, that does not mean I'm defending the alleged murderer.

The poll seems to miss out one or two (somewhat) important options:

1. A complaint has been made. Should the complaint be investigated?

2. If it turns out that Adebolajo was being restrained in accordance with SOPs and there is no case to answer, should the officers be punished for not assaulting him?

Adebolajo is entitled to a fair trial. On conviction (if he is convicted) he will receive the only possible sentence under British Law for murder.

He won't choose where he serves his sentence.

where has one single person "almost" defended him??

i dont see anybody

i see people wanting us to stay civilised like we are and NOT to stoop to his and his ilks level

Mel read the posts fella, I just wish that people would understand despite what they say, he is vermin and should be treat so. Don't forget that Brady & Hindley only escaped hanging as it was put on temporary halt, till it's abolition 4 years later.

Now should they have re-looked at that decision & hung them anyway, yes they should all they have brought for families is 50 years of hurt, and Brady has just laughed in the face of authority.

Mel read the posts fella, I just wish that people would understand despite what they say, he is vermin and should be treat so. Don't forget that Brady & Hindley only escaped hanging as it was put on temporary halt, till it's abolition 4 years later.

Now should they have re-looked at that decision & hung them anyway, yes they should all they have brought for families is 50 years of hurt, and Brady has just laughed in the face of authority.

i know exactly what hangings about my great great great grandad was hung

I understand where you're coming from Bpb, if anyone harmed my children I'd beat them with a redhot poker given the opportunity, but that doesn't mean it'd be right and I'd take the punishment coming to me..there's some truth in the maxim 'revenge is a dish best served cold' and that's how our justice system cleverly plays it-a full investigation of the facts, presentation of them in a very formal, ritualistic environment-the dispensation of justice.

No hand wringing, no apologies, no anger or favour shown to the condemned man.

In the case of these two defendants they'll be incarcerated as young men and be quickly forgotten by the time they're old ones...total ambivalence to them as human beings and the withdrawal of their freedoms is the best punishment, hanging them is too easy, beating them unnecessary.

---------- Post added 20-07-2013 at 16:41 ----------

i know exactly what hangings about my great great great grandad was hung

Weren't called John Holmes was he?

I understand where you're coming from Bpb, if anyone harmed my children I'd beat them with a redhot poker given the opportunity, but that doesn't mean it'd be right and I'd take the punishment coming to me..there's some truth in the maxim 'revenge is a dish best served cold' and that's how our justice system cleverly plays it-a full investigation of the facts, presentation of them in a very formal, ritualistic environment-the dispensation of justice.

No hand wringing, no apologies, no anger or favour shown to the condemned man.

In the case of these two defendants they'll be incarcerated as young men and be quickly forgotten by the time they're old ones...total ambivalence to them as human beings and the withdrawal of their freedoms is the best punishment, hanging them is too easy, beating them unnecessary.

---------- Post added 20-07-2013 at 16:41 ----------

Weren't called John Holmes was he?

king dong

ooh errm i meant no no he wasnt

That's one version, his quite obviously will be different.

True... but we will never be allowed to know it.

We just need to keep reading the headlines and believing everything that is set up for our consumption?

http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/?p=13030

No one knows the truth! We were not there! We only know what we were shown!

But for anyone who has ever read History or Biographies, particularly by ex SAS soldiers, then all begins to be revealed. There are no ends that the Government puppets and their Masters will go to, to achieve their goals; and if that means putting yours and my life at risk, then it is a small price to pay for them.

Before falling for News headlines, just try seeking out the alternative first.

I find Chris Spivey particularly interesting, although his language is a bit blue at times, and I might not agree with everything he writes..he definitely gives me food for thought....

http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/?p=12229

http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/?p=13220

not going to post multiple on this topic,

But i would like to say,

that i think both of them should be taken somewhere nice and quiet

they should be beheaded with a blunt knife and should be burried in unmarked graves.

you can all post your views on my post, i wont alter what i think of these 2.

they wont get what they deserve, they will get to live !

Archived