Should the guards be punished  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the guards be punished

• Yes they should it was wrong
    • No they shouldn't just resrtaining him

not going to post multiple on this topic,

But i would like to say,

that i think both of them should be taken somewhere nice and quiet

they should be beheaded with a blunt knife and should be burried in unmarked graves.

you can all post your views on my post, i wont alter what i think of these 2.

they wont get what they deserve, they will get to live !

And the people who carry out this beheading with a blunt knife punishment, are they then free to walk amongst my children and civilised society afterwards? Now I feel safe. :rolleyes:

i know exactly what hangings about my great great great grandad was hung

You lose credibility every time you post mel, you don't know anything about hanging just because your great, great, grandad was hung, you were not there :loopy:

My granddad was shot in the head by a German, I still have no idea what being shot in the head is like :roll:

How about another poll option.

If the guards did something wrong they should be punished, but if they acted correctly they shouldn't be.

I'd be for that one.

This situation needs to be investigated and it is normal practise for those involved in incidents which are being investigated to be suspended whilst that investigation takes place.

Whether or not Adebolajo and Adebowale have been convicted yet (I have no doubt that they will be convicted, and it would be quite right for them never again to be allowed to walk our streets) the guards are professionals and should be upholding professional standards. If there is an allegation that they have not done so in this instance then that needs to be investigated fully.

The law of the land still applies within prisons and that means that injuring someone deliberately is still against the law, whether that person is a visitor to the prison or a convicted child murderer.

But where does it stop Bpb if we condone prisoners (awaiting trial) being assaulted by police and prison officers? I wont shed any tears for the individual in your link but it's too arbitrary..what if one prison officer takes a particular dislike to a prisoner irrespective of the crime they've committed? Or prisoners on remand are brutalised who are subsequently found innocent?

Lee Rigby's killers will have their day in court, will be found guilty and condemned to lifetime imprisonment most likely without any prospect of parole, it won't bring Lee back but it's good enough for me as supporting the beating up of prisoners by the state, without any recourse is to me no better than living in a society where innocent members of the public can be lynched or executed in broad daylight.

I realise that your prejudices make you assume that because of his black skin the prisoner must be the innocent party. But does it not occur to you that someone who has violently attacked a soldier and members of the police quite probably also acted violently in prison and had to be forcibly restrained.

I realise that your prejudices make you assume that because of his black skin the prisoner must be the innocent party. But does it not occur to you that someone who has violently attacked a soldier and members of the police quite probably also acted violently in prison and had to be forcibly restrained.

oh give over, you used to be a sensible poster, what happened???

the last thing BF would say he was attacked cos of his colour, he knows exactly what hes done, and nowhere has he mentioned the colour of his skin

if he was attacked, itd be cos of what hes done...............or his manner while incarcerated

What does any of that paranoid drivel have to do with my post you quoted?

---------- Post added 20-07-2013 at 19:38 ----------

oh give over, you used to be a sensible poster, what happened???[

He's on his period.

No I get where you're coming from, but I feel that with things like this the victim gets forgotten and all the sympathy goes to the vermin.]

No one has shown any sympathy..what they have shown is that it is illegal to dish out summary justice, that is not sympathy. The guards in question, if they did "dish it out" will be subject to law.

What you are dangerously suggesting is we do away with present law and revert to mob mentality..which by default you will "reap what you sow".

He killed Lee in public, in front of witnesses, stayed around giving interviews till the police arrived then tried to attack them. I think a guilty verdict is a formality dont you?

No verdict is ever a formality. That's why we have a trial - to ensure that justice is fair, and for it to be seen that justice is fair.

He's a victim, it shouldn't happen or be allowed to happen.

It also doesn't say much about our parliamentary democracy, our penal system or all of us if we think for a minute prisoners should be assaulted while confined.

We are first world, civilised and law abiding. Hence, prisoners should be safely confined.

Archived