Potholes on M1 motorway

i am after a bit of advice as my van went over a pothole in third lane of m1 motorway and its caused over 400 worth of damage and loss of earning who can i claim off for this its as literally sheared my suspension in half and bent my wishbone this happened in northamptonshire

It may be worth initially approaching the Highways Agency who will should able to tell you whether the section in question is managed by themselves or by an outside company (for instance, the M25 is managed by Mouchel or Mouchel Parkman as they were known for some time) and therefore who bears the responsibility for the condition of the road surface in that area.

Trunk roads and motorways are dealt with differently to other roads and different maintenance regimes apply but your first port of call would be the local county council.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Trunk roads and motorways are dealt with differently to other roads and different maintenance regimes apply but your first port of call would be the local county council.

No -it's the Highways Agency as stated by Medusa - see the link.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/our-road-network/land-property-and-compensation/claims-for-damage-caused-by-potholes/

And remember - lots of motorway is in areas with no county council - like the M1 in South & West Yorkshire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosey

No -it's the Highways Agency as stated by Medusa - see the link.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/our-road-...d-by-potholes/

And remember - lots of motorway is in areas with no county council - like the M1 in South & West Yorkshire.

Not always. I spend every working day of my life dealing with claims against highway authorities. If it were as simple as it sounds people like me would be out of a job. :-)

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived