No ebooks allowed at Upperthorpe swimming pool

It's about privacy and allowing people to feel comfortable. I bet you wouldn't be happy if someone posted a pic on YouTube of you having a dump. Apart from any risk from paedophiles the fact is that an awful lot of people would feel more comfortable knowing that they won't be photographed at the pool.

Anyway, as we have heard people can take pictures as long as they arrange it properly with the pool first.

If he was dumping in the pool then it would be ok.

Just to add my slant onto this can of worms........

I was once taking a photo of a donkey at Cleethorpes when my other half tapped me on the shoulder & pointed out that I *may* also have a small kiddy with no pants on in my focus (TBQH I was snapping the Donkey and wasn't interested in the peripheral view).

It was at that point that I realised what a sad world we live in from BOTH points of view.

It really really is a sad world we live in today.

Just to add my slant onto this can of worms........

I was once taking a photo of a donkey at Cleethorpes when my other half tapped me on the shoulder & pointed out that I *may* also have a small kiddy with no pants on in my focus (TBQH I was snapping the Donkey and wasn't interested in the peripheral view).

It was at that point that I realised what a sad world we live in from BOTH points of view.

It really really is a sad world we live in today.

I stopped taking my DSLR to parks a long time ago, I became worried about it becoming intrusive to others when taking shots of my own kids playing.

A friend of mine was threatened a while ago in Hillsborough park whilst taking pics of his two little daughters, it was a full scale knuckle dragger that did the threatening.

I can't comment on your boy, even though you openly shared information about him, as I don't know him but it does sound like he is very advanced for his age. Other may argue you are willing to let go too early. But for other parents who have children still in juniors I know of they would not even dream of them going on a bus/tram ride by themselves. With friends we trust maybe but on their own? Maybe not. I'm all for building confidence and maturity but not by throwing them in the deep end. Kids still need to be kids at the end of the day.

*There's no right way or wrong way just different views and parenting skills.

That's the problem these days. Far too many parents are paranoid about pedophiles to the extent of thinking there's one around every corner.

Not going on a bus whilst still in junior school?

At what point can a child go on a bus alone?

My grandson got on a plane by himself at FIVE years old and came to visit grandma and grandad. The smile on his face when I met him at the airport is a memory I'll never forget.

That's the problem these days. Far too many parents are paranoid about pedophiles to the extent of thinking there's one around every corner.

My grandson got on a plane by himself at FIVE years old and came to visit grandma and grandad. The smile on his face when I met him at the airport is a memory I'll never forget.

Really, by himself :suspect:

Sure he didn't have some unaccompanied minor assistance that airlines provide.

That's the problem these days far too many people thinking about pedophiles in the first instance. I didn't mention (or think) about the p word in any of my posts and my comments were completely innocent about a parent and child's relationship but interesting to see how people think.

As they say 'sad state of affairs' when people only think of the bad things first. *sigh* Shame.

Really, by himself :suspect:

Sure he didn't have some unaccompanied minor assistance that airlines provide.

Of course he did.....

My point is that most parents today are paranoid to the extent of not letting their little darlings out of their site.

Of course he did.....

My point is that most parents today are paranoid to the extent of not letting their little darlings out of their site.

So your comments were deliberately misleading in order to make a bigger impact.

Regarding your point I think that's another wild generalisation. Do you know most parents? Where does this paranoid come from? It sounds as though you have first hand experience at the cause of the paranoia. Could you elaborate?

So your comments were deliberately misleading in order to make a bigger impact.

Regarding your point I think that's another wild generalisation. Do you know most parents? Where does this paranoid come from? It sounds as though you have first hand experience at the cause of the paranoia. Could you elaborate?

You sound like Giles Brandreth on acid :rolleyes:

Archived