No ebooks allowed at Upperthorpe swimming pool

As an old fogie I can't get my head around this situation. Taking it as read that all the kids in the pool have their trunks or swimming cosies on (unlike at the beach) why should parents be banned from taking photos of their little sproggs having a good time in the water. It beats me.

Angel.

I don't recall mentioning mutual friends, again you clearly do not understand how the security settings on Facebook work ?

I can see that you think this is rubbish so we will leave it there. I just hope you never end up in a compromising situation :roll:

if you dont know how to set up your facebook security so that only friends can see things then there's a lot of info available online to help you do so.

set your security and you can stop being sop paranoid.

if you dont know how to set up your facebook security so that only friends can see things then there's a lot of info available online to help you do so.

set your security and you can stop being sop paranoid.

For info I am an IT manager and fully aware of how to set up Facebook security.

I am also a foster carer who has experience of similar scenarios to the one I suggested. I am speaking from experience where as you my friend are not.

Again, everyone is entitled to their own point of view. Personally I really don't care if you think that I am being paranoid or not.

Thats fine nutty34

so as an IT manager you should have no concerns about friends of friends seeing any photos you post on facebook as you already have your security settings adjusted to stop that happening. In that case your scenario has holes in it.

if we are not carefull in a few yrs time 66 million people will be banned from taking photo's in case a handful of people "accidentally" find something on facebook.

Thats fine nutty34

so as an IT manager you should have no concerns about friends of friends seeing any photos you post on facebook as you already have your security settings adjusted to stop that happening. In that case your scenario has holes in it.

if we are not carefull in a few yrs time 66 million people will be banned from taking photo's in case a handful of people "accidentally" find something on facebook.

Will leave it there, you are a fool :loopy:

Mate you never picked any holes in my scenario, I never said I posted any pictures on my Facebook account !

To be honest you refuse to accept any other point of view other than your own, even when a person such as myself who has experienced such an incident offers a genuine reason as to why cameras may be banned.

Believe it or not we do not actually live in a perfect world where everyone you meet is genuine!

Jesus, how do people feel about the viewing area the swimming pool at Springs leisure center?

Personally I'd ban all devices from pools, not for fear of someone taking a picture of my child (had I got one) but because it annoys me when children are getting minimum attention because their parent is too busy updating their status because every one needs to know that they're ''on a bus'' or whatever.

That said, I think it is madness someone taking a picture of their children's first lesson etc is forced to delete it for fear of them using it in any other way than a memory.

Archived