Nice Glasses?

DON'T go to high street places, they just rip you off, check out this place

http://www.axisoptical.co.uk/

They supply the opticians so you cut out the middle man, turn up with your perscrition and you can walk away with glasses at a QUATER of the price of high street places... I went to one in town cos they had a half price frames sale, the cheapest wearable frames in the sale were still nearly all over £100, the 2 or three half price pairs were awful. I asked about lenses and was quoted just over £100. I went to axis and got moderen high quality frames with thin lenses complete for £65!!!!! BARGAIN!

I feel obliged to recomend them just to show how much we get ripped off, they have a large range of frames including rimless ones and you can park. Only bad thing is they are not open on Saturdays. I cannot recomend them highly enough.... DONT GET RIPPED OFF, go see them. I bet you save over £100.

What you on about?? Whats the point in paying daft amount of cash for a pair of Oakies if no one knows they are Oakies! Do you get a badge with them saying 'genuine oakies' so all your friends think you are hip and cool??? you great muppet!

I bet you spent vast amounts of cash on burbury style clothes, still made by small children in sweat shops cos you think it makes you more attractive to the opposite sex!!!

Hmmmmmm.

Anyone know how much an eye test costs nowadays?

I am sure I need a new prescription, haven't had a test in over two years and I keep getting bad headaches,

But I think I will have to take the prescription away if I need new glasses. Will need to save up to be able to afford the glasses.

Daveboy - I don't wear glasses myself, but I have heard the same from others as neeeeeeeek - the high street shops have shop rent and business rates to pay as well, so the price and quality is not really up to much.

[hijack]

You're running well wide of the mark neek, and JTD was simply making a recommendation then pointing out that whilst they may be more expensive, they are worth it in his opinion.

No need to go round pointing fingers and calling people 'chavs' (especially when there are about 30 definitions currently circulating the net). What do you think a chav is anyway?

I think you will find these are Oakley Sunglasses that are stolen more than bought because they are instantly recogniseable.

Has it occurred to you that JTD does not wear oakleys to impress (they are not sunglasses remember) he wears them to see - so I would imagine he has chosen them because they satisfy his requirements for glasses, i.e Fit, durability, weight, positioning and appearance.

Also, interested in your fact that more Oakleys are stolen than bought - do you have any further details?

[endhijack]

Archived