Nice Glasses?

Originally posted by neeeeeeeeeek

What you on about?? Whats the point in paying daft amount of cash for a pair of Oakies if no one knows they are Oakies! Do you get a badge with them saying 'genuine oakies' so all your friends think you are hip and cool??? you great muppet!

I bet you spent vast amounts of cash on burbury style clothes, still made by small children in sweat shops cos you think it makes you more attractive to the opposite sex!!!

Hmmmmmm.

Of course I dont wear them to show off, I choose that brand because they are, by far, the best quality glasses I've ever encountered. The lense optics of the sunglasses are of premium quality with no distortion, and the frames don't end up falling to peices like all the other frames i've had. And yeah, they look good, too.

Oakley are the best manufacturer in their field and a lot of people agree.

If you dont agree, you've probably only ever seen fake ones, which might explain why you keep calling them Oakies.

You are paying for the name! Do you think they have some secret technology at Oakley headquarters that can make lenses that are far superior to the rest of the world??? Did Nasa use Oakley technology when they built the Hubble telescope? Can you see through walls and in infrared? As for the extra high grade metal and plastic they must use... Does it come from the moon?? Are these glasses made in special zero gravity environments by people genetically modified to have extra special powers that enable them to make glasses better than any one else in the world?? NO, they are all made in the same factory; these ones just have a different sticker. You cannot see any better, they can't make you fly, and they don’t make you more intelligent... You spend you money you takes your choice, the thread was about glasses, I suggested somewhere where you can get very good quality glasses as a more reasonable price than the high street shops.

You are paying for the name! Do you think they have some secret technology at Oakley headquarters that can make lenses that are far superior to the rest of the world??? Did Nasa use Oakley technology when they built the Hubble telescope? Can you see through walls and in infrared? As for the extra high grade metal and plastic they must use... Does it come from the moon?? Are these glasses made in special zero gravity environments by people genetically modified to have extra special powers that enable them to make glasses better than any one else in the world?? NO, they are all made in the same factory; these ones just have a different sticker. You cannot see any better, they can't make you fly, and they don’t make you more intelligent... You spend you money you takes your choice, the thread was about glasses, I suggested somewhere where you can get very good quality glasses as a more reasonable price than the high street shops.

Show me a collection of different pairs of glasses with the brand-names removed. By looking at them, I could tell you which were Oakleys.

Show me just the lenses alone, and I promise you I could tell you which were genuine Oakley lenses, and which were not.

On most lenses you get a lot of distortion around the edges of your field of vision. I find this very disturbing and un-natural. Oakley compensate for this distortion, eliminating the problem. They are also very resistant to scratching and other damage.

The frames are of much superior quality to all others I have ever come across. They are light, strong, retain their shape, fit excellently, provide a great deal of coverage, the nose pads do not slip, the hinges are strong and do not loosen over time, the lenses never fall out... want me to go on?

This is not a case of clever branding. This is about a maunfacturer who make THE BEST eyewear, in my opinion. You get what you pay for. I would never have any other brand.

I do not pay for a name. I pay for quality products.

Has it occurred to you that Oakley don't actually make the lenses??? You go to the opticians with your eye prescription; they make some lenses and stick them in the frames!!!! They don't get an immediate courier to the Oakley factory with your prescription in a brief case handcuffed to some dude in an expensive suit and Oakley glasses.

When you start talking to trees we will send you away!

:loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

Has it occurred to you that Oakley don't actually make the lenses??? You go to the opticians with your eye prescription; they make some lenses and stick them in the frames!!!! They don't get an immediate courier to the Oakley factory with your prescription in a brief case handcuffed to some dude in an expensive suit and Oakley glasses.

When you start talking to trees we will send you away!

:loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

I am totally aware that my clear prescription lenses are not Oakley products. My optitians provided those.

My comments on the quality of Oakley lenses come from years of using non-prescription Oakley sunglasses and goggles.

just been to axis optical V nice people would highly recommend them & they make sunglasses so I was asking them about the great Oakley debate, they said that while they are quite a good quality they are VASTLY over priced as they are mass produced the frames can be bought with out the tags for very little and the tint is just a standard procedure (they even took time to show me how it's done, see…. the nice chaps) all in all I was V impressed and have just put in an order for my glasses from them.

TA for the hint neeeeeek (ps: to not to upset anymore people) :P

Jack? Compared to the 2quid glasses you buy from the market?? Of course they are going to be better! So this whole discussion about a good place to get prescription glasses from and ALL your posts saying buy Oakley glasses as they are Sooooooo much better has been futile!!! You were not talking about Prescription glasses at all!!! :loopy:

Glad we have cleared that one up!

Anyway, as I was saying. Anyone who wants to get some prescription glasses would be advised to visit:-

http://www.axisoptical.co.uk/

That was all I was saying!!!!!

Archived