Nice Glasses?

Just been and got my eyes tested. Went to Specsavers, cost me £17 :o

Got given a new prescription :( More expense.

The optician suggested I maybe should consider contact lenses. Does anyone have any advice on the pros and cons of contact lenses? I would only be required to wear the one, as my other eye is near on perfect.

I am not one for spending time pampering myself, so my worry is contact lenses will be time consuming in having to clean them, take them out, etc.

Also can anyone give me rough prices of glasses that look nice but aren't too pricey from axis optical? As specsavers have a 2 for 1 offer on at the moment for glasses over £75.

Skatie

Originally posted by Skatiechik

The optician suggested I maybe should consider contact lenses. Does anyone have any advice on the pros and cons of contact lenses? I would only be required to wear the one, as my other eye is near on perfect.

I am not one for spending time pampering myself, so my worry is contact lenses will be time consuming in having to clean them, take them out, etc.

Hmm I'm not exactly into pampering myself a great deal, but I dont mind sorting lenses out. Once you get used to it, which is pretty quick, it takes about 30 seconds to sort your lenses out evry morning and night. No great hardship really, but it does make it awkward if you want to stay out all night. You have to plan ahead if you're gonna stay away from home for the night, cos you need to remember your solutions etc.

You cant just decide to not go home. Which I find a bit of a pain.

Other than that, it's fine I reckon. Feels like a bit of a chore, but you get used to it.

Skatiechik, my glasses from axis cost me £65 complete, frames, thin lenses, they could have made them in about 25 mins but i could not get out of work so collected them the next day, I have modern frames, slim ones, with sgrung arms, similar ones in town were £100+ fort just the frames!!!!! honestly, go check them out, easy to get to, easy to find, you can park outside!

I tried contacts but didn't really find them all that useful.

I could only wear them for 12 hours so I always had to decided if I was going to wear them in the day or at night. If I wore them at night I knew I had to get home and take them out at a certain time. Perhaps I was a bit obsessive about it but you can't be too careful with your eyes can you?

Also one time I got plastered and forgot to take them out when I went to bed. I woke up and I could see, I knew then I'd left them in!

After that little episode I decided to stick to glasses.

Originally posted by Skatiechik

Just been and got my eyes tested. Went to Specsavers, cost me £17 :o

Got given a new prescription :( More expense.

The optician suggested I maybe should consider contact lenses. Does anyone have any advice on the pros and cons of contact lenses? Skatie

I'll let you know next week. ;)

Originally posted by steelblade

I tried contacts but didn't really find them all that useful.

I could only wear them for 12 hours so I always had to decided if I was going to wear them in the day or at night. If I wore them at night I knew I had to get home and take them out at a certain time. Perhaps I was a bit obsessive about it but you can't be too careful with your eyes can you?

Also one time I got plastered and forgot to take them out when I went to bed. I woke up and I could see, I knew then I'd left them in!

After that little episode I decided to stick to glasses.

That's why I have the monthly ones that you leave in. They are fab and never give me problems. I can be a dirty stop out and not worry!!!!

Are the monthly contact lenses expensive?

Also how does it all work? Do you just go to the opticians once a month and pick them up. Or do they need to fit the etc?

I have no experience on contact lenses full stop so any information on them would be helpful.

Still deciding if I would be better off just getting another set of glasses.

Archived