Any bugs doing the rounds at the moment?

Doom

She needs some oral antibiotics. My GP tried to give me just drops and I told him if he didn't give me some tablets I would end up in hospital, That's how bad I felt.

Best wishes to your wife. Hope she's better soon xx

I'll second that. Don't let them fob you off with saying antibiotics won't work.

I needed double strength antibiotics.

Good luck and hope your wife feels better soon.

She needs some oral antibiotics. My GP tried to give me just drops and I told him if he didn't give me some tablets I would end up in hospital, That's how bad I felt.

Best wishes to your wife. Hope she's better soon xx

Thanks for that, but no antibiotics I'm afraid.

The guy was much better than the woman I saw there last week and actually listened to the problem.

Having looked in her ears and throat he diagnosed her with Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. He said because it's viral antibiotics won't work on it.

She explained she was in agony, so he just suggested some stronger pain killers like co codamol. We just picked some up from Asda Parson Cross, where a very nice pharmacist served us (didn't realise there was a pharmacy there open until 11pm). The Pharmacist did suggest if she started feeling worse or dizzy she should get straight to the Doctors.....I'm not sure he was convinced by the advice we'd been given.

The Triage nurse was a complete waste of time this afternoon. The Doctor told us that the ear drops my wife had been prescribed were a waste of time. Hardly surprising really....I can't see how you can diagnose someone properly over the phone.

We'll have to see how she goes, but I had the same thing last week and now I seem to be over the worst of it, but the pain I had was worse than when I ruptured my achilles tendon.

Regards

Doom

Archived