Why do some people think Royals are better than them?

....the French didnt struggle did they :huh:

:D

They did a bit, but only for about 60 odd years. After their monarchy they got Napoleon, who handed power to his family, followed by a King again, who wasn't as bad as the Bonapartes but still messed up on such a scale that it all fell apart again.

Politics is complex anyway, no monarch stops that being true.

Elizabeth Windsor.

Charles Windsor.

and Mick Hucknall.

What do I win?

Don't rate Charles chances. You have beautifully illustrated why if we have get rid of the monarchy you can't think of a replacement. What if, and its been mentioned again recently, tax payers fund election campaigns to keep big business and the unions from influencing politics. Value for money or do you want the tobacco industry bank rolling our new head of state?

If you don't think HM the Queen has a far better approval rating than any politician then you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Any number of popular 'celebs' would probably also get significant approval rates. It doesn't make it right that they should do a job just because of who they are.

An elected president is democratic and can be removed come the next election. I cannot see how the situation we have now can be considered better.

I think we all appreciate there will not be a revolution in England as there was in France so what practical means can you envisage to completely change our countries political and royal standing ?

there isnt any without a revolution....most people are quite happy watching Coronation street, big brother, and doffing their hats the man above them in the pecking order............:mad:

goodnight :)

Archived