Why do some people think Royals are better than them?

You are without doubt a very sad person. You lack the ability to present a reasoned point of view & use the tactics of a child in an attempt to continue the discussion.

Also you run away when someone presents you with a serious thought.

Not surprising of course, I have never encountered a royalist yet who could sustain a reasoned argument as to why the descendents of thugs, thieves & murderers should be held in high regard & allowed the unearned privileges which they enjoy.

---------- Post added 24-07-2013 at 00:29 ----------

Really? So in other words you have no comprehension whatsoever as to what being a subject entails?

This is hilarious, seriously, you are bringing stupidity into disrepute :hihi: :hihi:

Brill! I love you :love: Best post this year.

Different system, as I suspect you know. The American President is the Commander in chief & Chief executive. The Irish President fulfills the same role more or less as a Monarch, representing the people in an official capacity.

The difference being that the role isn't hereditary & you don't have to bow & scrape to them. I had the pleasure of meeting Mary McAleese when she was President. I was meeting & talking to the first citizen of Ireland, & my equal. Impressive woman by the way.

It always amuses me when royalists argue 'we wouldn't be able to find anyone suitable.'

There are 4.6 million people in the Republic & 62 million in the UK. I'm sure there's a decent candidate amongst that lot, bearing in mind the last three Irish Presidents have been exceptional, & the present President is a decent man.

Mary McAleese was preceded by Mary Robinson I think, also a very good President. I believe both women are from Ulster, which is remarkable and a good sign for Irish future. I never worried too much in the past about Queen Elizabeth. I worked for her aboard her ships for a long time. The only time I saw her in the flesh was when she passed us on the Royal Yacht during the Fleet review in the Clyde in 1964. Our First Lieutenant took me to task for having a little dandruff on my uniform collar, as the Queen was passing by. I said to him "She must have really good eyesight then, sir". I got away with it

You are without doubt a very sad person. You lack the ability to present a reasoned point of view & use the tactics of a child in an attempt to continue the discussion.

Not surprising of course, I have never encountered a royalist yet who could sustain a reasoned argument as to why the descendents of thugs, thieves & murderers should be held in high regard & allowed the unearned privileges which they enjoy.

Really? So in other words you have no comprehension whatsoever as to what being a subject entails?

This is hilarious, seriously, you are bringing stupidity into disrepute :hihi: :hihi:

Well I have never met a republican that didn't have a massive inferiority complex. Show me a german that get's all cringy about their president..does not happen. But that grey guy is head of state.

You republicans are just paranoid about how you percieve people you have never met view you, in reality the Queen does not know you, an elected Prsident would not know you, so it's really not all about you and that's what republicans don't like. Narcissistic arses to a man.

So, because you have managed splash I'm a republican you think you're not technically a subject? Have you defaced your passport then, surely the crest on the front makes you go even more foamy at the mouth.

Well I have never met a republican that didn't have a massive inferiority complex. Show me a german that get's all cringy about their president..does not happen. But that grey guy is head of state.

You republicans are just paranoid about how you percieve people you have never met view you, in reality the Queen does not know you, an elected Prsident would not know you, so it's really not all about you and that's what republicans don't like. Narcissistic arses to a man.

Utterly risible. Almost unbearably embarrassingly naive. Exquisitely toadyish.

Viva la republic.

Utterly risible. Almost unbearably embarrassingly naive. Exquisitely toadyish.

Viva la republic.

Which republic are you viva ing?

Because its not this country pal. So which republic are you going to do one to? Cuba? Russia? China? What's your chosen foreign republic?

#drearytraitor

Well, you've never met me, and I can assure you I don't have an inferiority complex.

A desire for a political system which doesn't involve being 'subject' to a hereditary monarchy doesn't make me a narcissistic arse either. Do you apply this term to every national of every republic on earth?

Poor 'debating' at best.

Don't care much myself to be honest, just think it is an embarrassing & anachronistic way to run a country, but given the subservience of your average Brit I think we're stuck with it. As long as it doesn't impact my life too much I don't care, provides an amount of amusement watching the arse kissers perform I suppose. :D
And the pie in the sky daft idealists living on planet Zep!

The problem is Andy that thousands of little lads and lasses in England are as we speak wondering how they will be able to afford the next batch of nappies or baby food.

The Royal? couple stand outside some posh hospital [no NHS for them] showing of their wealth and privalage for all to see, they never and I mean never utter a word that they realise just how privalaged they and their extended family's are.

If they showed that they understand that their position is just an accident of birth and not a right then people who call for their removal would understand them better.

Archived