Why do some people think Royals are better than them?

As you well know, the expression was used in the same way as 'mankind', to include everyone. Agree it's a little misogynist sounding in this day & age.

They were not quite as PC as us back in 1787. :)

Mind you, I know a few feminists & they would have no problem accepting all men as equal.

They would then point out that all women were in fact superior. :D

The particular woman who's superior to me, says if they meant all humankind, they'd have said so, bearing in mind that any women didn't get the vote until well after all men did, in the USA. I'm not even sure that they really did hold the tenet that all men were created equal? It certainly didn't work out like that in practise, did it?

Don't shoot the messenger, sorry to burst your balloon. :cool:

Exactly. These royals and there so called good deeds and "charitable" actions, and i dont care how many generations theyve been groomed for the job. No you're right about evolution though, we need to think outside the box when it comes to sorting out our heads of state. Lets forget about our public schooled politicians (some may have been buggered by a minor royal anyway) and start thinking about your average joe. Or Josephine. Or Mohammed.

We need a winner for starters. Someone who can handle pressure, can move effortlessly from a school fete to head of state. Head for business wouldn't be bad too. I give you aleshia Dixon.

Winner of strictly (handled a live final too) and in time replaced an old, experienced woman who had done the job for years (this is almost spooky!!!) to be a judge then moved accross to itv. There she tells her other equals/contestants in a nice way they can't sing or dance and look funny. She can cry on demand, something that liz (it's liz since I freed myself from my chains of servitude) certainly couldn't do. And she's the very sexy face of Avon.

Now I don't want to railroad my comrades into thinking this is the only choice as president but I think you'll find it's pretty compelling.

Oh and voting by phone only. Calls from a mobile may cost more.

"We need a winner for starters. Someone who can handle pressure, can move effortlessly from a school fete to head of state. Head for business wouldn't be bad too. I give you"......................Julie Dore !!!

.....You plonker Rodney!

i dont care how many generations theyve been groomed for the job

True. They have royal lessons. Waving, smiling, a 6 week course on saying hello. :)

Shame Edward VIII used that fine grooming to make friends with Hitler. Edward VII was a little more tactful, and just befriended French prostitutes.

True. They have royal lessons. Waving, smiling, a 6 week course on saying hello. :)

Shame Edward VIII used that fine grooming to make friends with Hitler. Edward VII was a little more tactful, and just befriended French prostitutes.

"True. They have royal lessons. Waving, smiling, a 6 week course on saying hello.......like Milliband and the rest in public life?

The particular woman who's superior to me, says if they meant all humankind, they'd have said so, bearing in mind that any women didn't get the vote until well after all men did, in the USA. I'm not even sure that they really did hold the tenet that all men were created equal? It certainly didn't work out like that in practise, did it?

Don't shoot the messenger, sorry to burst your balloon. :cool:

Not at all. I think they said it because they believed that it was correct, but when things prove inconvenient it's surprising how quickly principles go out the window.

Take Thomas Jefferson for instance, there's no doubt that he was a great man & had all the right principles. He campaigned against slavery for years & very eloquently too.

Didn't stop him keeping them though.

It's a bit like the married parson who preaches a sermon against adultery but is carrying on an affair of his own. Doesn't make adultery right does it?

Balloon still intact :D.

Shame then Tom Driberg(one of your very own) befriended the Krays was a possible KGB agent and was a pal of the old darker than white Aliester Crowley..................let him who is without sin cast the first stone springs to mind Chris.

You wouldn't get alesha Dixon hanging out with dictators that's for sure. Well, not knowingly.

Archived