Why do some people think Royals are better than them?

I don't believe Fred West is equal to George Orwell, so I dunno. I believe all men should have equal rights.

It's a big question. I also think it's a badly phrased statement made by mjw47.

---------- Post added 24-07-2013 at 14:56 ----------

Yes, within certain limits. Any American can live in the White House.

As long as he or she is born in America, and 35 years old or above.

As long as he or she is born in America, and 35 years old or above.

Had no idea about the 35 year old rule. Have they not heard of William Pitt the younger ,who was 24 years of age when he became Prime Minister? Turned out to be a terrific Prime Minister, despite his somewhat weird private life.

Incidentally, Mary McAleese was indeed from Ulster, but Mary Robinson was originally Mary Burke from Mayo.

Had a very interesting & amusing conversation with Mary McAleese & her husband Martin in Sheffield when they paid an official but flying visit here.

How's it going with you Buck? A while since we talked.

Had no idea about the 35 year old rule. Have they not heard of William Pitt the younger ,who was 24 years of age when he became Prime Minister? Turned out to be a terrific Prime Minister, despite his somewhat weird private life.

Incidentally, Mary McAleese was indeed from Ulster, but Mary Robinson was originally Mary Burke from Mayo.

Had a very interesting & amusing conversation with Mary McAleese & her husband Martin in Sheffield when they paid an official but flying visit here.

How's it going with you Buck? A while since we talked.

I'm getting a little long in the tooth, but pretty happy. I'll be glad when it cools down some. It's a funny country this. You'll sweat your trollies off till labor day, the beaches jammed with people, then next day it's like they switched everything off. Empty beaches and cool.

No I'm not, I am however perfectly entitled to give a view on how I interpret Republican ethos, bearing in mind I am one, & have the passport to prove it. :)

'we hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal'

Seems fairly straight forward & unambiguous to me.

Doesn't mean that all men behave equally, simply that they start out as equals & no one should be subject to another human being, that is, to quote John Adams, second President of the USA, 'belittling'.

Well that certainly seemed to work well for one particular section of American society didn't it?

I'm getting a little long in the tooth, but pretty happy. I'll be glad when it cools down some. It's a funny country this. You'll sweat your trollies off till labor day, the beaches jammed with people, then next day it's like they switched everything off. Empty beaches and cool.

Been sweltering over here last few weeks but seems to have broken up now. Glad to hear your plugging away.

Tell the Mrs 'Up the Banner' from me. :)

---------- Post added 25-07-2013 at 11:36 ----------

Well that certainly seemed to work well for one particular section of American society didn't it?

Certainly did, as it tends to do all over the world. :)

Still, the present Chief Executive didn't come from that section did he? :)

Hopefully things will continue to change for the better but the privileged don't let go easily in any society.

• 2 weeks later...
It's bizarre to me also taxman. The pretence of royalty is an affront to the dignity of the human spirit of everyman. All people are born pure, and equal. The notion of royalty is a divisive mechanism whereby a few people control and enslave the masses, and the masses lap it up!

At least, that is how I see it.

thank you comrades

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 11:27 ----------

You are without doubt a very sad person. You lack the ability to present a reasoned point of view & use the tactics of a child in an attempt to continue the discussion.

Also you run away when someone presents you with a serious thought.

Not surprising of course, I have never encountered a royalist yet who could sustain a reasoned argument as to why the descendents of thugs, thieves & murderers should be held in high regard & allowed the unearned privileges which they enjoy.

---------- Post added 24-07-2013 at 00:29 ----------

Really? So in other words you have no comprehension whatsoever as to what being a subject entails?

This is hilarious, seriously, you are bringing stupidity into disrepute :hihi: :hihi:

shut it I was going to tell you to go back to russia but they are as corrupt as the west try north korea are you a Milliband?

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 11:35 ----------

In the words of the one true King, Elvis, Ah Thank ya, thank ya very much, hu hu. :)

who do you admire .our useless money wasting council the mega rich millibands and the useless labour party none of whom have ever worked for a living. by by comrade

thank you comrades

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 11:27 ----------

shut it I was going to tell you to go back to russia but they are as corrupt as the west try north korea are you a Milliband?

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 11:35 ----------

who do you admire .our useless money wasting council the mega rich millibands and the useless labour party none of whom have ever worked for a living. by by comrade

You really do fit the profile of an out & out royalist, thick as pudding :hihi:.

You assume because I have no time for royalty or servile behavior that I'm a communist? What a clown :D. Communism is one of the daftest ideas ever thought up by man, goes against human nature & is completely unworkable as has been proved.

For the last sixteen years of my working life I owned & ran my own company before selling it & retiring. Some Commie :).

For your information my not too bright friend I don't believe in any 'isms'. Capitalism, communism, fascism,monarchism all flawed.

Capitalism was the one most likely to work as it does allow for human nature. Then the 'powers that be' in their wisdom decided to remove the one thing that kept it in check, the fear of failure.

Bail out private speculation debt with public money. Brilliant idea!

Same here. Just because I have the intelligence and awareness to see through the royal scam; doesn't at all make me a commie (or anything else for that matter).

Really, I have no time for arguing with idiots; and sadly, I find myself doing more and more of just that, as I spend more time on SF.

Archived