Why do some people think Royals are better than them?

It's a simple enough question.

Why do royalists think that the the baby born today is more special than any other born today? What has it done differently from any other baby?

Why is one born into a life of luxury, whereas the other might be dead in a week..why do you care about the rich white one but not the dead black one?

It's all bizarre to me.....why do you only care about the richest baby born today, but couldn't give a damn if thousands of others died?

Many children are born into a life of luxury, you don't need to be monarchy related. Unlike most kids with a wealthy background though this kid will be raised under the microscope, its every move and action will be monitored. The delusional who seek grandeur in their princes and princesses perpetuate this cruelty by feeding off of it.

In any other normal circumstance this would be regarded as an act of abuse and an affront to civil liberty.

Can we pretend race hasn't been mentioned please, because we all know what happens on that sort of thread. Stick to the royals if you would be so kind.

No probs, though as a mod can't you make the pretending not needed by removing the relevant bits?

When I was in the RN we used to splice the mainbrace for any royal occasion like a marriage or birth of a heir to the throne. That was an extra tot of rum for your daily ration. But they stopped issuing rum after I left the service, so I don't know what they get now if owt. Soldiers and Airmen got nothing but we were the Senior Service so i never complained.

They stopped issuing Rum, because you drank the service dry?! :o;)

They stopped issuing Rum, because you drank the service dry?! :o;)
It was the best part of the day at sea. Issued in time for lunch. for ratings below Petty Officer level it was issued as grog, one part rum, 100 proof and two parts water. If you wanted to reward a mate for helping you out you offered him 'sippers' where he took a little sip of your tot. It was a bit dangerous when you had a birthday cos everybody offered up, and men had been known to die of it. As a Petty Officer then Chief I was isssued neat rum. In time beer became available on board, while commissioned officers had spirits. After I left the servce and rum was stopped, spirits became available to senior NCOs. I didn't drink the service dry, but i tried hard enough.:hihi:

Why do some people think Royals are better than them?

In a country where people worship D list celebs, the Royals almost seem worthy in comparison.

This baby is the ultimate embodiment of celebrity worship. It hasn't done anything at all yet, but people are sucking up to it like gibbering morons.

Can we pretend race hasn't been mentioned please, because we all know what happens on that sort of thread. Stick to the royals if you would be so kind.

Why don't you amend the OP then? :huh:

The OP has basically implied any Royalist is also racist.

In answer to the OP, I've no idea, it's a complete mystery to me. The BBC are leading the World Sycophancy Championships by some margin, with Nicholas Witchell as team leader.

I cannot understand the need of some to fawn and coo over someone who they will never know, and will never know them. Utterly bizzare.

Archived