If you've ever smoked

Why did you start?

I'm not interested in your views on smoking, why you stopped or anything else related to smoking.

Jawohl, Herr Bonzo!

Coz I was young, it was daring. I didn't inhale. It was expensive and smelly. I came to my adolescent senses.

I did for 50 odd years --- pack it in guys

Brian I know what you mean & although I do stick up for a smokers right to smoke, I agree with you. I cannot say if it was smoking directly that had lead me to where I am now, but cest la vie.

Brian I know what you mean & although I do stick up for a smokers right to smoke, I agree with you. I cannot say if it was smoking directly that had lead me to where I am now, but cest la vie.

I used to be a none smoker, but I gave up.

A long long time ago, there were three lads Mike, Harry and Tommy. These three

lads all combined their pocket money and Tommy being the tallest purchased from

Kays sweet shop at Southey Green a packet of ten Park Drive tipped cigarettes.

The three lads then raced on their bikes to Bealy woods and once there proceded

to practise the art of smoking, in particular the art of the long inhale and swallow.

Within forty minutes they each consumed three cigarettes.

We all agreed that was good fun and we would do it again. However, after about an

hour Mike changed colour several times from a nice healthy pink, to a ghostly white,

then again to a sunflower yellow and finally a pukey green.

Mike decided that smoking wasn't really for him and hasn't bothered since. The other

two continued to put burning leaves in their mouths, and now have many happy hours

trying not to. Much to the amusement of others.

.......had my first one at 13 (?) and my last one at 34. I have NEVER craved for one since, even though I had some very traumatic situations to deal with. I was on about 30 a day, started with a bad throat, and I just stopped. I smoked Embassy, and I think they were about 64p for 20!!! On reflection, I don't really think I actually enjoyed smoking, it just seemed a 'cool' thing to do.

A long long time ago, there were three lads Mike, Harry and Tommy. These three

lads all combined their pocket money and Tommy being the tallest purchased from

Kays sweet shop at Southey Green a packet of ten Park Drive tipped cigarettes.

The three lads then raced on their bikes to Bealy woods and once there proceded

to practise the art of smoking, in particular the art of the long inhale and swallow.

Within forty minutes they each consumed three cigarettes.

We all agreed that was good fun and we would do it again. However, after about an

hour Mike changed colour several times from a nice healthy pink, to a ghostly white,

then again to a chinese yellow and finally a pukey green.

Mike decided that smoking wasn't really for him and hasn't bothered since. The other

two continued to put burning leaves in their mouths, and now have many happy hours

trying not to. Much to the amusement of others.

Nice story, shame about the racism.

started at 12 or 13 my mate used to pinch the odd Dunhill from his mums pack and we used to go in the woods to smoke, as we got older used to buy park drive as they were the only ones sold in fives, then progressed to No6, then 40 marlboro a day then down to bensons and then silk cut and at 42 got scared of dying and gave up after a bout 20 pathetic attempts, not touched one since in ten years and cant stand the smell now!! maybe the electric ones will take over? although not fussed about trying them

It's strange though some smoke for years & are never ill, but as soon as someone is ill smoking is blamed.:loopy:

That's because

Smoking causes about 90% of lung cancers.

It also causes cancer in many other parts of the body, such as the:

mouth

lips

throat

voice box (larynx)

oesophagus (the tube between your mouth and stomach)

bladder

kidney

liver

stomach

pancreas

Smoking damages your heart and your blood circulation, increasing the risk of conditions such as:

coronary heart disease

heart attack

stroke

peripheral vascular disease (damaged blood vessels)

cerebrovascular disease (damaged arteries that supply blood to your brain)

Smoking damages your lungs, causing conditions such as:

chronic bronchitis (infection of the main airways in the lungs)

emphysema (damage to the small airways in the lungs)

pneumonia (inflammation in the lungs)

Archived