If you've ever smoked

That's because

Smoking causes about 90% of lung cancers.

It also causes cancer in many other parts of the body, such as the:

mouth

lips

throat

voice box (larynx)

oesophagus (the tube between your mouth and stomach)

bladder

kidney

liver

stomach

pancreas

Smoking damages your heart and your blood circulation, increasing the risk of conditions such as:

coronary heart disease

heart attack

stroke

peripheral vascular disease (damaged blood vessels)

cerebrovascular disease (damaged arteries that supply blood to your brain)

Smoking damages your lungs, causing conditions such as:

chronic bronchitis (infection of the main airways in the lungs)

emphysema (damage to the small airways in the lungs)

pneumonia (inflammation in the lungs)

No it doesn't.

It is a massive contributary factor in all those things, but if it caused those conditions outright EVERYONE who smoked would be affected by all those conditions. As they are not it is incorrect to say it causes them in such a blanket manner.

I started because Duff from Guns n Roses smoked and looked cool.

I remember at school, must have been 5 or 6 at the time, and we had a class on the dangers of smoking. We put some cotton wool in the neck of a washing up liquid bottle, replaced the lid, got a short section of piping and put it over the nozzle. In the other end of the pipe we put a cigarette, lit it and squeezed the bottle to pull in the air. When the cigarette had finished when looked at the cotton wool, which wasn't nice. It didn't stop anyone from smoking in later life though

I had my first cigarette in 1956 and I have smoked regular since 57 none of my mates smoked at the time but some did later and I always smoked plain cigarette's. but I smoke Old Holborn now and I have never considered stopping as I enjoy a fag

I was sixteen, and thought it would help me keep my weight down. Only a teenage girl would think trading one problem for another was a good idea.

And looking at pictures of myself from that time, I wasn't even fat. :loopy:

Archived