If you've ever smoked

Wow, so all the medical research is wrong?

Have you presented your peer reviewed paper showing evidence to the contrary?

The big tobacco companies will pay you a fortune.

Read my post right clever clogs I said it's a massive contributing factor.

SImple test does everyone who smokes have all those things wrong with them? No so clearly smoking doesn't cause those things, smoking does make people genetically prone to cancers more likely to get them though, it also makes people with bad diets and excercise more likely to have heart and respiratory problems but a fat person who doesn't smoke will still have them problems too - smoking makes a fat person more prone to them, it cobtributes it dunt

cause

Read my post right clever clogs I said it's a massive contributing factor.

SImple test does everyone who smokes have all those things wrong with them? No so clearly smoking doesn't cause those things, smoking does make people genetically prone to cancers more likely to get them though, it also makes people with bad diets and excercise more likely to have heart and respiratory problems but a fat person who doesn't smoke will still have them problems too - smoking makes a fat person more prone to them, it cobtributes it dunt

cause

So where's your research?

I have been told (by an oncologist) that here are 2 cancers, both bladder cancers, which have only ever been detected in people who smoke.

I suggest that, since they've only eve been found in smokers the chances are high that they were caused by smoking.

Smoking may be one cause of lung cancer, but if you wanted to show that smoking caused lung cancer (and particularly if you wanted to get a rich tobacco company to 'cough up'), you would probably have to prove that there was no other cause of lung cancer.

I smoked (well, took one puff) of my first cigarette when I was 3. Yes, THREE.

My grandmother's aunt put a cigarette in a toy bubble pipe I had. It nearly bloody killed me!

I started smoking (regularly) at the ripe old age of 13 and smoked for 50 years. I tried to give up (many times) but always went back to them.

Then - on 26 Dec 2012 - I gave up and have no interest in smoking.

If you want to give up - good luck.

If you don't want to give up - then IMO, that's your choice (and nobody should try to force you to give up.)

If you want to give up but you can't (and I know a few people who've been there) then you have my sympathy.

Archived