If you've ever smoked

Yep, when going against established medical research.

I'm not the research says smoking contributes to the problems mentioned.

Smoking don't cause cancer FACT cancer is caused by a mutation of and damage to our cells when they reproduce. Smoking makes that damage more likely same with heart disease same with respiratory ailments it makes the smoker more prone to them, it creates massively enhanced risk but it doesnt directly CAUSE the problems

so how does smoking cause these problems then?

I'm not the research says smoking contributes to the problems mentioned.

Smoking don't cause cancer FACT cancer is caused by a mutation of and damage to our cells when they reproduce. Smoking makes that damage more likely same with heart disease same with respiratory ailments it makes the smoker more prone to them, it creates massively enhanced risk but it doesnt directly CAUSE the problems

so how does smoking cause these problems then?

Saying FACT in a post doesn't make it so

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/healthyliving/smokingandtobacco/smoking-and-cancer

Check out the section on lung cancer

i had a couple of drags on a castella when i was about 16 and that was as far as i went - i didn't inhale

smoking can cause cancer - but just because it can, doesn't mean that it will - some people who smoke will get cancer, some who don't smoke will get cancer and some who do smoke won't get cancer.

my dad started smoking when he was about 12 (in the 1930's) and smoked a minimum of 20 a day (he says) till he was about 75 - he didn't get cancer

Archived