Two wednesday fans in accident

_owl_

Really sad accident. My heart goes out to the families of the dead.

I just found out that one of the survivors from the car is a friend's husband (the two who died are his best friends). He is in intensive care in Coventry with his family around him. Not life threatening but frightening. He has an 18month old son. It is a difficult time for all families.

If anyone has information about the incident, please call the police as they are still trying to piece together what exactly happened.

well I am proud to say that the minutes' silence for the sad passing of the wednesday fans went well, and without event, respect for the fellas from both sides.

It was even commented on, with gratitude from someone, on the local radio's "praise or grumble" slot.

the fears some members expressed on the forum, that some blades "fans" might disrupt it, were unfounded, thank god.

I am really pleased that the idiot element didn't spoil it, and that respect was paid in a proper, and befitting manner.

PT

According to the commentators on RS the Utd fans had made a flag with the guy's name on it,that was brilliant ,but the noise from what I think was a helicopter spoilt it for me.But great from both set's of fans.Proud to be a Sheffielder.

well I am proud to say that the minutes' silence for the sad passing of the wednesday fans went well, and without event, respect for the fellas from both sides.

It was even commented on, with gratitude from someone, on the local radio's "praise or grumble" slot.

the fears some members expressed on the forum, that some blades "fans" might disrupt it, were unfounded, thank god.

I am really pleased that the idiot element didn't spoil it, and that respect was paid in a proper, and befitting manner.

PT

Well said PT, the utd fans did us proud today.... its at a time like this that we sheffield footie fans support each other in respect for those who were taken from us.

Well said PT, the utd fans did us proud today.... its at a time like this that we sheffield footie fans support each other in respect for those who were taken from us.

In a situation like this, as I have said before, it doesn't matter what affiliation one's footballing colour is... we needed to "pull together", and show a "united" (no pun intended) front, in supporting the families of the deceased fans, putting our differences aside.

I think that was done really successfully, today. Something to be d*mn proud about!

PT

Archived