Man charged with PC Blakelocks murder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23425600

blimey, thats been a fair few years, and still got him (alledgedly), mind u theres been a fair few arrested, let off, jailed, quashed so i wouldnt get any hopes up

Long, long overdue...hopefully this will result in a successful conviction and a lengthy prison sentence.

With luck if the evidence is as strong as the CPS think it is he may give up others involved rather than be the only person to go down for the crime.

it says there was 4 more but cant be charged cos theres insufficient evidence

added to the original 3 that eventually got quashed, i also never knew there was 14 other arrests which has come to nothing since 2010

Only 4 posts on this ! Unbelievable !!

Shame also on the BBC, if it was someone being charged with the Stephen Lawrence/Damilola Taylor murder after so many years there would be blanket coverage !!

FACT!

Wind yer neck's in before you open 'em usual suspects !

Shame also on the BBC, if it was someone being charged with the Stephen Lawrence/Damilola Taylor murder after so many years there would be blanket coverage !!

FACT!

What's your problem?

Is there no statute of limitations any more?

Makes me wonder what evidence they actually have, I'm guessing not CCTV, and witness evidence is surely unreliable after this length of time.

Seems dangerous to me.

I don't think there's ever been a statute of limitations for murder or CCTV at the scene at that time and it was night anyway and no one's going to give a witness statement now. It must be based on DNA evidence taken from Blakelock's clothing. It said on the radio he was stabbed about 30 times or more so it must have been an attack by at least several people. It will be a difficult one to prove but the CPS and Met seem to think they have the right person and evidence. They have before though.

FACT!

wind your neck in, youre the one trying to make yet another race arguement out of it for the sake of it

Archived