Used cars / new cars/exhaust warranty

does anyone know of a car manufactuer that guarantees its exhausts for some years, just had my 55 plate honda jazz in for a new middle box £80 but only bought it 7 months ago from a honda dealer with a 12 mnths gauranree on major parts, theyve washed the hands on the exhaust problem, saying its nothing to do with them , so wondered if any cars come with 5 yrs parts etc , ie exhausts, i think hyindai used to have something like this,

its not the £80 its just that the parts are so weak

Well there should be more than 7 months life in it you need to tell the dealer you are going to ring trading standards as it is clearly not fit for purpose.

How do you work that out? Doesn't the life of an exhaust depend a lot on how the car is used? Lots of short, stop-start journeys will kill it a lot sooner than long motorway runs..it all depends on what the paper work for the warranty said it covered...

Most places only do a 3 month warranty and sometimes exclude items like exhausts.

Surely it would have been feasible to look at the condition of it, see it only had a short life and pointed that out to the salesman and haggled money off. I've done it a few times for tatty back boxes.

Archived