Taggys Ice Cream ?

Ian L

Hi Brandygirl,I started my life at 21 forster road about 1957,I was born on the Arbourthorne.The Cantrells & Andrews lived either side of us.

Hello Tosh. The Andrews took over the house after we left. I remember the Cantrells very well, Josie was about my age and Ross was about the same age as my younger brother. I've not been back to Forster Road since my younger brother died in 1998 - didn't recognize it so left very quickly to keep my memories intact. We didn't have a lot of money but we certainly had fun!

Hi Brandygirl, I remember that a Maureen Hartley & either her husband or brother worked for Taggy from the 1950s, she lived on Midhill Rd. I do not know Maureen's married name.

Edith was Ernest Battles wife, it was she who cooked the Sunday dinner for the family and employees.

Cynthia, East of Toronto, Ontario.

I can remember the name, Maureen Hartley, but not the face (either old age or senility, not sure which!). I know there was also another girl who worked the vans at the same time as me, her name was, I think, Nora, but can't remember her last name either. Gee! And until last year, I was in Toronto!

Could just eat a Taggy's. When I used to stay at my boyfriends, subsequently my husband, in the late 70s I always had a Taggy's - chocolate sandwich with a flake in it. Its true, I never tasted ice cream like it.

I am trying to remember when I had the last one ... would have been between 78 and 80 I think.

Hello Tosh. The Andrews took over the house after we left. I remember the Cantrells very well, Josie was about my age and Ross was about the same age as my younger brother. I've not been back to Forster Road since my younger brother died in 1998 - didn't recognize it so left very quickly to keep my memories intact. We didn't have a lot of money but we certainly had fun!

The Andrews were a Salvation army clan & the Cantrells were very nice people.The eldest Andrews daughter lived on the top right hand side looking down of Boynton Street & lost a baby in a fire, it was a tradegy.I have not been back to Heeley since around 1990 & me & my kid brother drove through & I am the same I have my memories of Heeley in my head.Great days.

• 1 year later...
indubitably... undisputed-ly undeniably, the best :love::love: ice-cream in the whole wide world.:love::love: Ever. ever, ever!

sadly missed.

this as got to be Taggys # 4 million & twenty let it die a natural death:gag::gag: