Taggys Ice Cream ?

Ian L

Born 1940, always had Joe Mollinaris ice cream from 1946, regularly, until I moved to Driffield in East Yorkshire 1967 - every month when back in Handsworth to visit my parents my wife, girls and myself just had to have Joes Ice Cream. Moved to Malaysia towards the end of 2006, many types of ice cream here, most of it is very good, but nothing can match Joes

Grey Eminence - Near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

..But their Ice-cream blocks didn't fit properly into their cones? What's that all about?

Ha! Ha! you are so right - I'd forgotten about that. Did'nt they have a square shaped cone instead of the traditional round one, but it was'nt deep enough so the ice cream block used to wobble about as you walked or if you were really unlucky fell out all together. Happy days!

In my opinion the best Strawberry ice cream was made and sold at Howard's Dairy at the top of Hillsborough shops.

They made the ice cream when Strawberries were in season and there was often a queue to buy it.

No false flavourings, you could see the strawberries in the ice cream.

WYSYG old style, Can't beat it.

Happy Days! PopT

Does anyone remember the ice cream van that always sold (every lunch time) outside Firth Park Grammar School in the 60's.

I remember it was an old van, hand painted if I remember right.

Never tasted ice cream so good since.

Yes, it was Jacksons-I used to have a fourpenny mix at lunchtime. Went there from 1965-1970.

I lived on the Norfolk Park from 66 - 82 and remember Taggys well, it was the "dogs" can anyone remember exactly where the factory was? Seem to remember it being between Olive Grove and Heeley bridge but cant be certain

The factory was on View Road, Heeley.