Contents Insurance Deals

Hello, I am with Halifax and have their Ultimate Rewards account but have yet to approach them regarding insurance.

I have however been in to Santander and NatWest and they offer compatible deals for between 10 - 40 pounds per month.

They said that it includes contents insurance and accidental damage but found the ideal package to be around £34, a bit steep.

I was wondering if it is worth switching and getting a basic free account then taking up my insurance elsewhere.

If so then what are the top insurance providers that offer a complete solution at much cheaper cost?

The best way to save money is to get away from current accounts that charge for so-called benefits - Halifax Rewards is a prime example - and instead have a fee free bank account.

I had a Halifax Rewards account and it was £12.50 a month. And then to think of the money they make on the money that's in the account (although to be frank, mine was always overdrawn).

The cost of the account - £187.50 on the above example - will easily cover contents insurance.

Archived