Looking for a reputable, cheapish garage labour only (have car parts)

Our Aygo needs yet ANOTHER new clutch so decided to look into the possibility of buying the kit myself then having it fitted professionally (that way I know I'm having quality parts fitted and the new yaris clutch that Toyota apparently quietly started fitting to new Aygos as they realised the original one was hopeless!). I've sourced a LUK clutch kit on the 'net for a fantastic £106 but, as I'm a phyllis stein when it comes to cars and DIY I am looking for recommendations as to where to have it fitted reliably and at a decent price. Preferably Chapeltown/S35 area. TIA!

Our Aygo needs yet ANOTHER new clutch so decided to look into the possibility of buying the kit myself then having it fitted professionally (that way I know I'm having quality parts fitted and the new yaris clutch that Toyota apparently quietly started fitting to new Aygos as they realised the original one was hopeless!). I've sourced a LUK clutch kit on the 'net for a fantastic £106 but, as I'm a phyllis stein when it comes to cars and DIY I am looking for recommendations as to where to have it fitted reliably and at a decent price. Preferably Chapeltown/S35 area. TIA!

MP Motors

Station Road,

Ecclesfield.

Martin has been doing my cars for the past 35 years. Always spot on and excellent value for money.

Could be an expensive way of doing it...if the clutch fails prematurely then the garage will charge you labour again for doing the job.. if they'd supplied it as well then your case for them to do it all again for free is stronger..

I would guess most garages won't touch it as there is too much ambiguity about whether its them, the kit or driving style should it fail again. You might have more chance with an ex-employed mechanic operating from his premises on a cash-in-hand basis

I can't understand why the OP has been out and sourced their own LUK kit??

LUK is a fairly common brand to be found in most motor factors, while they do make decent stuff it's nothing a normal garage would have any trouble getting hold of.

I asked a guy who owns a garage about buying own parts he said if I did and he did the job it won't be covered, don't know if all garages work on that principal. I should imagine they do because they aren't making anything of the part either, yes they may get it at trade price but they will charge you extra.

Archived