Social workers need more training

So, who is going to arrange the training? (who is responsible for training social workers?) and who is going to pay for it? (Who is responsible for finding the money?)

I'd be more than happy to pay through my taxes training courses for social workers which help them do their job more effectively. That's a good and responsible use of tax payers money.

---------- Post added 27-07-2013 at 17:30 ----------

A lot of them need more training full stop unfortunately to stop the incompetence and abuses of power which are all too common.

Ditto workers in the NHS, criminal justice system, education system, finance, local government in general, and journalism etc.

I agree.

But somebody has overall responsibility for training social workers.

Somebody else has responsibility for finding the money for the training.

(I doubt that either of those people work for peanuts.)

Who are they? What are their names? Why are they not doing what they are paid to do?

Seems to me some of them have a load of 'qualifications' and no common sense.

The same could be said of people from lots of different professions. But most usually isn't.

If you think you could make a difference, then get yourself qualified and work at the sharp end.

The same could be said of people from lots of different professions. But most usually isn't.

If you think you could make a difference, then get yourself qualified and work at the sharp end.

Being crap at your job in most professions doesn't usually have such devastating consequences though does it?

You cant effect any change from the sharp end. Its utterly impossible. The change can only be made from the top.

Being the boss of a group of people who are supposed to have certain training and skills and failing to do your job is a major problem though, isn't it?

Somebody (Government Minister, Senior Civil Servant?) is responsible.

Perhaps it's time that 'being responsible' meant a little mor than 'gets paid a lot of money every month.'

Perhaps it's time that 'being responsible' meant 'carrying the can (iincluding going to prison, if necessary) when things go wrong.

The concept of 'corporate manslaughter' is well-established in the UK.

When was the last time a government department let down a vulnerable person?

When was the last time a civil servant/government minister was put on trial?

Archived