Field for marquee

Hello everyone,

I posted a few weeks ago about some venues, am no nearer to finding the venue though!

Been to a few weddings recently and although it's stopped me from looking at venues for my own wedding, it's also helped me get a clearer idea of what I am looking for, I think a farm/barn type wedding will be good for us and our guests. There will be people coming from abroad so it would be great if it was in a nice location with some good views to give them a good impression of the Peak District!

I have a few on the shortlist out in Derbyshire (Stoop Farm, Masson Farm) but am worried if none of them are suitable I will be left with no options on the table!

An alternative would be to have a church ceremony and a separate reception afterwards, this would increase the choice somewhat as the reception venue wouldn't have to be licensed for weddings.

Ideally it would be a marquee in a field, there would probably need to be buildings nearby for water, power etc., and would need to be near Sheffield so we can get from the ceremony to the reception in a reasonable time. Happy to arrange catering etc myself.

Does anyone know of anyone near Sheffield that has suitable land to rent out?

All ideas are welcome, thanks for reading!

We are holding our reception at Townfield Barn in Shatton near Hathersage. It's not licenced, so we are getting married in a nearby church.

Woodlane Country Side Centre allows you to have marquees. It's in Stannington but still gives off a country side feel.

I came across Hargate Hall when I was searching for us too.

jessycar,

I would love to get married in a nice country church but looking at some websites they seem to ask that you live in the parish - do you live locally, or how did you get around that?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived