Is Sheffield Council about to sell off bits of Graves Park YET AGAIN?

I was just suprised when I actually paid the building some attention as people seemed to be saying it was a building with land stretching out into the park proper which it doesn't it almost appears seperate to the park. I'd agree though selling it off isn't going to win any support but leasing it should be seriously considered although as a listed building I suspect new tenants may be difficult to find.

What exactly is that farmhouse type building with the metal farm gate and the several converted outhouses, is that also park property? I notice some of the outhouses/sheds have had garage doors fitted and that entire building looks well maintained.

I was just suprised when I actually paid the building some attention as people seemed to be saying it was a building with land stretching out into the park proper which it doesn't it almost appears seperate to the park. I'd agree though selling it off isn't going to win any support but leasing it should be seriously considered although as a listed building I suspect new tenants may be difficult to find.

What exactly is that farmhouse type building with the metal farm gate and the several converted outhouses, is that also park property? I notice some of the outhouses/sheds have had garage doors fitted and that entire building looks well maintained.

I think we have been here before when the council sold Chantrey Cottage some years ago by claiming it wasn't part of Graves Park. The Charity Commission were not amused, but that didn't stop the council coming back trying to sell more land because the original sale didn't include enough land for a viable garden, garages etc etc.

Got it, Again a building on the very edge of the park with no decent access in to the park proper. I can only remember that building as a shell which got to such a state it had to be shored up with lengths of wood which looked suspiciously like old floor joists. is it still standing I can't recollect? I suppose when the nurseries were being well used by the council then it would of been nice if that place could of been both a park wardens house and also a shop to sell off some of the plants grown in the nursery

Got it, Again a building on the very edge of the park with no decent access in to the park proper. I can only remember that building as a shell which got to such a state it had to be shored up with lengths of wood which looked suspiciously like old floor joists. is it still standing I can't recollect? I suppose when the nurseries were being well used by the council then it would of been nice if that place could of been both a park wardens house and also a shop to sell off some of the plants grown in the nursery

As there are 2 charities for the disabled working from within Graves Park and one of then growing plants in Norton Nursery it isn't difficult to imagine the uses Chantrey Cottage could have had if the council hadn't sold it contrary to their obligation as charity trustees.

I must have a wander up there and take a look, if some-one bought that shell they must of had an incredible amount of cash to bring it up to scratch, I really thought it would of fallen down and been demolished.

Which are the two disabled groups that use the park as I'd never heard of anything also what do they do in the park? If a building is listed it can be horrendous to make it fit for disabled access